Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find much info on this so I thought I'd ask the forum.

I recently replaced my 11 year old stock fuel pump with another assembly from Spectra Performance. Since then I can't seem to get the jet pump to work. I get down to about 3/8 of a tank (indicated on my fuel gauge), and I run out of gas. I pull the pump and the drivers side is empty, and the passenger side is pretty much full. (like 4 or 5 gallons left). I've pulled the pump out several times, checking for possible leaks and/or cracks in tubing, anything. But I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Does anyone know if the o-rings on the quick connect piping are replaceable? or do I have to find another transfer pipe (which I see no part number for on Ford parts web sites or drawings)?

Any help, thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
im not sure about what you are asking but i need to replace mine as well and was given the advice to stay with the stock ford pump. not sure if thats a option for you or not but thought it might save you some trouble.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I now wish I had stayed with the stock pump. But Ford wants $633.00, and the cheapest I can find it elsewhere is somewhere around $350. I just couldn't/can't afford that right now. And I need the car running. Which it does now, sort of. Can't go below 3/8 of a tank, and I just had it stall out on me yesterday on the way home from work, for no appearant reason. Just like it ran out of gas. (Of course it threw another Lean Bank 1 & 2 code). Tried to restart 3 times. Third time fired right up drove the rest of the way home, and around town tonight just like nothing happened. I think it's just possesed.

One more thing that may help someone help me... I installed a gauge kit under the Fuel Rail Pressure/Temp Sensor and have been monitoring the pressure there and also through OBD. OBD reads between 39.9-45 psi on average. Everytime I check the actual gauge at idle it reads about 25-30 psi. I've heard the system is supposed to run at around 40psi. But is that 40psi via OBD (FRPTS sensor reading with vacuum) or actual rail pressure? I am so confussed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts