Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking of buying a new grille for my 2011 v6 I was wondering what grille I should get? And if installation is hard?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've got the mca grille...ford threw it in as part of my deal when I placed my order. In the catalog it is called "dark stainless billet" but its really plastic. It was my favorite grille before I bought my mustang and still is! Not sure about installation since they did it for me :(

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Tire

Headlamp Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
73 Posts
So I was thinking of buying a new grille for my 2011 v6 I was wondering what grille I should get? And if installation is hard?
I swapped mine for a MCA grille. Had to get away from the honeycomb and generic centered pony.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I really appreciate then help. I heard the same thing about having to remove the whole bumper. And I think if I do it I'm gonna get the MCA grille. I've always liked that grille and I think it'd look a whole lot better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I was gonna order the black one from american muscle. I love the original running pony because its just the symbol of mustang but I love the MCA grille a whole lot better than the honeycomb stock grille. I just think it will give my car a whole different look.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Especially since your car is silver!
And stig I'm really feeling yours with the nice blue paint. Beautiful car man.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have another question. I'm not to sure about which louvers would look better with my car, the Eleanor louvers or just the regular MMD quarter window louvers?

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Might want to research the grill removal some more. Other sites have had posts on this, and I believe I read where you can pull it straight out without bumper removal.

Removing the bumper is not difficult though. Just Google "remove bumper on 2011 Mustang". You'll get a step by step from Roush, and some other pictorial posts on how to do it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Let me know if you were able to just pull the grill out. I'd like to avoid removing the bumper, but not if it means busting clips and an overall PITA.

Going to be plasti dipping today, so hopefully the pulling works heh

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ove pulled mine out 2x now. One atock. One mca. As a sidenote. I needed to have ford repaint my bumper and ot is.scheduled for next week. The sides of the cover where it meets the fenders hits and was peeling.since day one. They are doing it under warranty next week. Anyone else have the issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts