Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2002 GT. It has your typical bolt-on upgrades and a spec stage 2 clutch with firewall adjustment. I'm not sure why they went with a stage 2 clutch maybe they had more plans. Or there are more mods on the vehicle than I know of. Anyway my question is about the clutch pedal it's more much harder to push down than a stock clutch is that something to expect with a stage 2? And is there a way I can adjust it to be not as hard to push down? Also I'm assuming the adjustment on the firewall is for where in the pedal I want the clutch to engage am I correct?

-Nick

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
I'm told that the center force dual friction is very light compared to other upgraded clutches, and that they out last the others by a considerable margin as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Stage 2 and Stage 1 both use the same pressure plate. It should be just slighter stiffer than stock, but your leg should be used to it within a week without an issue. (depending on how often you drive it of course).

The firewall adjuster is for setting engagement point yes. You want just a tiny bit of pre-load on the cable. If the cable sheath is too loose, it will cause the pedal to feel stiffer than it needs to be. Try bring the firewall adjuster out onehalf turn at a time, and see if the leverage on the pedal feels easier. Just make sure your not using the cable to partially engage the clutch without your foot off the pedal.

I will never touch a Centerforce clutch again..... I have used Spec for over 16 years on my cars, and all of them have felt and performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured left just wanted to be sure is all. I'm a certified vw tech not ford lol so I've never had to adjust a clutch this way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All your doing is pulling the cable sheath tighter like you did when you were little kid on a bicycle brake cable, so I assumed you know by the adjuster pulling out on the cable it would tighten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts