Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to this forum and new to Mustangs. Although I have always wanted a Mustang this is my first and I cannot be more pleased. 2012 GT with 3.73 gears. I plan on going as far as I can with it; body kit, horsepower upwards of 650, IRS, full interior, etc and would appreciate any help given.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome. Where in Maryland? I live in White Marsh on the Northeast side of Baltimore.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y2E0L0L5OGWT said:
Welcome. Where in Maryland? I live in White Marsh on the Northeast side of Baltimore.
I'm in PG, close to DC.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

skyline247 said:
Welcome. Nice ride!
Thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wnt2gofst said:
Welcome. Easiest way to that power is a supercharger. Depending on what way you want PD/Centri I suggest a Roush or a Paxton.
Yes that is the way I was gonna go but I am not sure what type to go with? I also read somewhere that Ford was telling technicians to look at cars when brought in for service to see if it is modified and to flag them to void their warranty. I also read that the compression on the new engine is so high that when modifications are made it will at some point destroy the engine.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yes that is the way I was gonna go but I am not sure what type to go with? I also read somewhere that Ford was telling technicians to look at cars when brought in for service to see if it is modified and to flag them to void their warranty.
Correct. There is a TSB out for it. I've posted it like six times before so just search for it.

I also read that the compression on the new engine is so high that when modifications are made it will at some point destroy the engine.
Sounds like a bunch of FUD to me ... plenty of us have mods and our engines aren't just magically exploding. That said, if you go FI you would benefit from getting some forged pistons that are lower compression.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Napoleon85 said:
Correct. There is a TSB out for it. I've posted it like six times before so just search for it.

Sounds like a bunch of FUD to me ... plenty of us have mods and our engines aren't just magically exploding. That said, if you go FI you would benefit from getting some forged pistons that are lower compression.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a TSB? I will look for it. Should I get the forged pistons at the same time as the supercharger and what type is best? Is there anything else internally that I would need to change?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Tech Service Bulletin - It's similar to a recall but it's only a set of instructions for a car that exhibits a specific issue and not a mandatory procedure. Most recalls have a TSB explaining how to fix them, but not all TSBs are recalls ... if that makes sense.

PM me you email and I'll send you the pdf version of it. I shouldn't have been so snippy about it earlier, getting slaughtered at work today...

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Yes that is the way I was gonna go but I am not sure what type to go with? I also read somewhere that Ford was telling technicians to look at cars when brought in for service to see if it is modified and to flag them to void their warranty. I also read that the compression on the new engine is so high that when modifications are made it will at some point destroy the engine.
You can have a supercharger installed by Ford and keep warranty. Also the compression isn't an issue unless you want to run 20lbs of boost. The engines seem to be ok up to about 12lbs of boost. After that you are pushing it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Y2E0L0L5OGWT said:
Sweet. I work in Alexandria, VA on the southside of DC, so I drive thru PG 3 days a week on 295.
Welcome! I live in NC, but am originally from Fairfax, and my pop is in McLean.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

DarkHorse_5.0 said:
Hey all, I am new to this forum and new to Mustangs. Although I have always wanted a Mustang this is my first and I cannot be more pleased. 2012 GT with 3.73 gears. I plan on going as far as I can with it; body kit, horsepower upwards of 650, IRS, full interior, etc and would appreciate any help given.
Welcome!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome! Watch for that mod bug it bit the he'll out of me! And if ur going FI then longtube headers and x pipe would benefit that setup:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love the car. What kind of times are you getting at the track? I haven't ran mine yet, but I'm considering putting the Boss intake on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts