Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here just got my first 1988 5.0 gt convertible 5speed I have been around them my whole life my older brother has a 92 gt 5.0 5 speech that he restored from the ground up its a monster pushing a lil over 500 HP all advise welcome from everybody on away to go about upgrading mines the right way

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey, I also have a 5speed 88 vert. Welcome! First off, upgrade to MAF its easy (check out fiveologyracing.com) Next your going to want to get welded FULL length subframe braces. Oil, oil filter, coolant, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, fuel filter... change all of these if they are not new. Next your upgrades all depend on what you want out of your fox!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everybody I love this car it came with a 70mm intake its fuel injected 3inch tips that's dumped under the car new transmission mounts cold air intake new headers and brand new dual aluminum fans it even has the boot cover in the trunk ;-)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks and I would like to cover the basis first ill look into that any advice on friction brand new tires all around and I have trouble getting it straight going into 2 and 3 it has alot of power lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea I was told that as well and up upgrand my suspension that might help

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Hey, I also have a 5speed 88 vert. Welcome! First off, upgrade to MAF its easy (check out fiveologyracing.com) Next your going to want to get welded FULL length subframe braces. Oil, oil filter, coolant, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, fuel filter... change all of these if they are not new. Next your upgrades all depend on what you want out of your fox!
so I went to the site they offer 3 conversion kits which would you recommend

·
Registered
338 Posts
88GHOSTFOX said:
in all honesty the pics make it look better then what it is its a lol hail damage and the colors faded but it still looks good and thanks
Haha look at my car in my profile pic the black look good in pic. but up close it's bad. the guy before me didn't know how to buff a car. haha

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got any pics of the engine?!?! Just love those 5.0 intake manifolds....,
not right now at 7pm would be the 24 hour mark in which I've owned the car but ill be glad to take some tomorrow and post them

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Your bros cars nice to man like the interior looks sick
yea I worked at Ford here in the stl before it closed down he did the insides himself lol as long as my car runs and drives and looks good from 10 feet away I can live with that....for right now lmao

1 - 20 of 31 Posts