Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Devil why would you look around for different ones, the oem hid are the best, plus they look sick. That's what I'm trying to make work on my current halogen set up. I just need to figure it out how. I have the connectors for the back of the headlights but i just can't seem to figure out what connects to what or which ones are for the DRL. I use to have fogs since mine is a gt but I got rid of them once I got the Saleen grille. What I'm having trouble is that my current halogen set up has three wires compared to the 7 that go into the new 13-14 oem hid ones. I just need a schematics or wiring diagram and possibly a relay like 5loh said since I don't think the halogen cables don't put out enough power for the hids

11' 5.Ohhhhh Prem
I know the OEM headlights are the best. I should have put that sentence in a past tense. I used to look at other headlights but all it did was prove that the OEMs are the best.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
You should not need tons of power. the only thing is the initial light-off amperage being high. When I put HIDs in my grille fogs, they ran fine on the stock tiny harness for that. Remember, they are equivalent in current draw to a 35 watt bulb. I had to raise the fuse value on that circuit to 20 amps from 15 to stop it from occasionally popping the fuse at light off. So far so good, almost 4 years in.

Go back and check your wiring again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put xenon 55w dual beam HIDs on mine. Love them. One of the guys that works for me also does led lighting on the side for cars, trucks, boats, bars etc. I paid 140 and he even installed them. I'll dig up his number and maybe he can hook you up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I might have found a solution, it's either of two ways but I'm hoping to get some input from you guys that have dealt with retrofits before. I looked back on multiple threads that Joe from retrofitters use to advertise his product on and realized that he uses the morimoto motocontrol relay harness that theretrofitsource sells and just modifies it to fit the 16 pin for the 13-14 headlights. Now my question is, they sell a regular relay harness that would help you go from h13 to aftermarket HID set up for $30 (picture one) and then I noticed they also sell a f150 h13 to oem hid 4 pin connector like on 2010-2012 oem hid lights for $80.(picture two). What would be the best way to go about this, either way the relay harness I buy is getting hacked up to replace with the 16 pin connector. So I'm leaning more towards the $30 dollar one but seems a little more complicated due to the high beam output and low beam output. I'll also add a picture of retrofitsource's harness for comparison. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1442078971.863551.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1442078996.531413.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1442079074.170563.jpg

Any guys with the retrofitsource' harness care to help me and the guys that paid but never received our harnesses out by putting better pictures up of the harness you have for comparison. A lot of people in the mustang community have been interested in doing this but so far our only option was with Joe. Now we are trying to find an alternative due to the fact that he doesn't sell/ or doesn't make them anymore.

11' 5.Ohhhhh Prem

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
I dunno but I bet you could get it to work. And when you do, maybe YOU sell some to really stick it to the jackass who is screwing everyone over. Or if you don't want to do that, just post a how-to on a bunch of forums and take away his exclusivity. And be a complete *** to him about it. At least that's what I'd do...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah im not looking to make money off of something like this, just a DIY thread listing all the parts you would need and how to hook them up so you can finally get your project done instead of waiting around 2 plus months for a delivery with no kind of communication from the seller. Just really taking the headache out of it really. Just need help from the mustang community that already has the harness in order to help me identify the parts and that way make it real clear for everyone that would be interested in doing this themselves.

11' 5.Ohhhhh Prem

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I figured it out guys, actually pretty simple once I received the Morimoto motocontrol h13 harness I bought off eBay for 25 bucks. A long with the connectors i also ordered off eBay for 29 dollars each. If enough people are interested i will do a DIY thread for it and explain more in detail.

11' 5.Ohhhhh Prem

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am very interested I am in the same boat. can you share the links for the connectors. if you provide the diagram that would be great. I would also need help in creating a harness for turn signals and how to wire the switch back I got from theretrofitsource. My end goal is to have it function like 2013-2014s and be as much plug and play as possible. I would happy to create a write up on how to

·
Registered
16 Posts

I am trying to build a harness that just plugs into the Morimoto harness. I have tried to test the pins and think I figured it out. can someone verify it. Sorry for the bad pic. one thing I notice that two of the pins both turn on drl. I connected the low beam and ballast together. before I finalize wanted to get input.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I am trying to build a harness that just plugs into the Morimoto harness. I have tried to test the pins and think I figured it out. can someone verify it. Sorry for the bad pic. one thing I notice that two of the pins both turn on drl. I connected the low beam and ballast together. before I finalize wanted to get input.

You are absolutely correct about two pins powering the drl's I ran both of those to the tap-a-fuse and just left it alone. I would upload pictures but my car is at the shop (front end damage from an accident on thanksgiving). I can try to help as much as possible if needed.

11' 5.Ohhhhh Prem

21 - 34 of 34 Posts