Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot hit my front passenger headlight/front corner while I was at the beach, came up to get into my car and saw the damage... Thank goodness for Insurance.

I want to get some new headlight other than the stock ones. Does anyone have any that they recommend?

Pic is of my current tail lights.

These are the ones I was considering...
Spyder PRO-YD-FM94-1PC-AM-C Spyder Ford Mustang 94-98 1pc Halo Led Projector Headlights - Chrome V8 - PRO-YD-FM94-1PC-AM-C, Spyder Lights - Headlight

If you have any suggestions or pointers about this I would appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just bought the depo brand headlights from Latemodel restoration. The ones I got are supposed to be styled like the terminator headlights. The nonreflective surfaces are black but the lenses are clear so it doesnt affect light output.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the smoked ones for the darker colored cars.. But mine is PINK!!! (You can see pictures in on my profile) I kind of think the clear/chrome would look better than the smoked ones.

I just wasn't sure if some brands were better than other or if there is any thing I should know before buying..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pretty much with any aftermarket light if you put a little extra silicone around the seem where the lens fits into the housing you wont have any issues with condensation getting in there, and that is the only issues I have heard of with any headlights.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
clark98gt said:
Pretty much with any aftermarket light if you put a little extra silicone around the seem where the lens fits into the housing you wont have any issues with condensation getting in there, and that is the only issues I have heard of with any headlights.
Yeah seal them up so no moisture.
AM is a good place and where I usually buy my stuff, free shipping. It's your car so get the headlights you want. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Buy a cheap pair on eBay. They are like around 100$. Put them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 15 min. Take them out and separate the lens from the housing. Have the main reflective piece painted to match your body. Not the one that the bulb goes into. Warm em back up and press them together. Extra seal with silicone and install. If you want to get real creative. Put some bi-xenon mini projectors in and call it a day.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here's what I did to my wifes water damaged ones.
I also did some pac tails too.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Go with the oe smoked ones from am they are lightly smoked and give the front a mean look ill take a pic of mine later today and show you

·
Registered
903 Posts
TORRBO, did you just bake them in the oven? 200 degree's for a few mins? to get the silicone warm enough to remove the lights?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Topless04GT said:
TORRBO, did you just bake them in the oven? 200 degree's for a few mins? to get the silicone warm enough to remove the lights?
It's not actually silicone. Silicone is heat resistant. It kinda like a hot glue/epoxy. It becomes very soft when warm. Almost like tar. Yeah I put them in the oven at like 200 or 250. Can't remember which, for about 15-20 minutes. When I pulled them out they were too hot to hold on to for more than a couple seconds. Cheap rubber dipped cotton gloves worked great. It was real hard to get the seal apart all the way around. What sucks though is the factory hl won't do this. The seal is more of a plastiweld. I paid 30$ for a set of really fogged ones just to mess around with. It was worth it just for the oem rubber trim that butts up to the fender. The aftearket ones always dry and crack.

·
Registered
153 Posts
jubileephoto said:
Some idiot hit my front passenger headlight/front corner while I was at the beach, came up to get into my car and saw the damage... Thank goodness for Insurance.

I want to get some new headlight other than the stock ones. Does anyone have any that they recommend?

Pic is of my current tail lights.

These are the ones I was considering...
Spyder PRO-YD-FM94-1PC-AM-C Spyder Ford Mustang 94-98 1pc Halo Led Projector Headlights - Chrome V8 - PRO-YD-FM94-1PC-AM-C, Spyder Lights - Headlight

If you have any suggestions or pointers about this I would appreciate it.
Any update on the headlights. What did you decide?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts