Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So- I’m looking for guidance on my newly installed malfunctioning plug & play sequential Tail lights 2006 Mustang - it’s the entire housing and wires I bulbs in a set- only thing I added was my old halogen reverse bulbs. The passenger side works fine- but after a couple of months the driver blinker- if left on over about 20 seconds would stop blinking - I only knew bc it went double time on the dash indicator. It would stay this way till I killed the engine and waited a couple minutes- then usually it would reset itself. As if that’s not weird enough- now I notice the brake light & tail light fizzle out sometimes after this blinker malfunction occurs- but they still flash brightly for a moment when I brake or use my turn signal- all 3 sections of lights do one bright flash then out- I’ve taken all the connections out & put them back several times- I don’t see any damage or burn marks- it didn’t get wet- I am at a loss & the friggin company bought them from are aholes & only replace items the first 30 days. For $300 I expect a set of tail lights to work for years!
I really appreciate any advice. I am a nurse- but I’m self educating with cars! So you will have to explain things in general I’m sure. Much appreciated!
thanks for your time.
RikkiLynn
The light set I bought was by Raxiom (they were kind in replying- but not helpful, as they only deal with wholesale vendors) style: Vector white tubes, LED, smoked housing sequential signal tail lights. Bought from AKKON on Amazon - I DO NOT recommend using them as they are an auto lighting store & offer only a 30 day warranty- and were zero help- despite this being an obvious faulty component!
PS can someone explain what the difference is between resistors (box?), harnesses, and any other component parts I should become familiar with so I can try to repair this myself?
thank you ☺
Video clip of malfunctioning light

·
Super Moderator
17,985 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Raxiom and American Muscle. AM is a textbook example of what happens when corporate greed takes over.

Return the Raxiom sequentials and get another brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts