Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a new hood.. i have a 03'auto v6 convertible and the hood has no definition. its kinda weak.. i was wondering if any one has some suggestions. and . links to sites that sell.. plus a price range on average -- what does a gt hood cost?

then to paint the hood... 200 -300$??

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
instead of getting a gt hood just get the scoop for it, they go for around 140-180 depending on what one you get i belive, (reg gt or 35th anni) Id say 200-300 to paint a hood is fair, cost me 200 to get my trucks hood painted, but if you only get the scoop ur not talking alot for paint.

www.cervinis.com
www.ageclassic.com (i think they have some)

just a few sites off the top of my head

·
Premium Member
19,559 Posts
If he has an 03 it has the 99 cobra hood which has the scoop going the wrong direction and the scoop won't work at all. So...just buy a better looking hood.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got an 03 v6.It had the reverse scoop,I wasn't too crazy about it.I replaced it with the Ford Racing Y2k cobra hood.I like it alot better.It was purchased from Summit,they have it in stock.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
i thought it was only the 04's the with the old cobra hood...nm then

·
Premium Member
19,559 Posts
03 and 04 if I'm not mistaken....

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
cervinis.com makes an 03 cobra hood that will work with the stock bumper (not have a huge gap that the 03 cobra does without the 03 bumper) its nice and their quality is great, i would only buy from oem ford or cervinis.com

·
Registered
651 Posts
SpectorV said:
cervinis.com makes an 03 cobra hood that will work with the stock bumper (not have a huge gap that the 03 cobra does without the 03 bumper) its nice and their quality is great, i would only buy from oem ford or cervinis.com
:thumbs2:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys .. what about the stalker hood .. do you like that- or is it beyond the bounds and headed towards being a ricer

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
charkelly9 said:
thanks guys .. what about the stalker hood .. do you like that- or is it beyond the bounds and headed towards being a ricer
does it matter what we/they think? if ya like it, go for it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah after thinking about it.. i have an 03' with the reverse scoop and i think i will just keep it and look into 8.8 rears & gears.. (its not suppose to rhyme)

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
the stalker hood is a nice item, they also have an 03 cobra look alike hood that will work on a standard front bumper ( the oem 02 WONT work right )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts