Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the looks for a new hood, mine has some minor problems, and I just want something different. Im really interested in the Mach II (non-painted) hood. I was wondering if there is any way you could come down on the price. 565 is rather expencive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hood Price

As they say...you get whatcha pay for. I can get this hood at a pretty decent price from ya but I'm going to tell you right now the quality won't be as good. I speak from experience. The hood I have on my '02 needed ALOT of work as there were air pockets, waves, etc. I thought I would try and save some money myself (yes I have to pay for my own products too) and I regret that I did. Anyhow, I can do a better price on the "other" hood if you want to pay the lesser price.

I think that by the time you dump all the cash into having this "other" hood prepped, air pockets filled, bondo or whatever, your money could have been well spent on the more expensive hood.

p.s. - I don't have much markup on the $565.00 hood, I could probably do around $500.00 plus shipping.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you defanitely get what you pay for... i bought a fiberglass saleen replica front end and it eventually cost me so much to prep paint and install it that i could have had the real thing for about 100 bucks less :( live and learn... but take our advice bro.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I do all my prep work, body work, and painting myself.(Not bad for a 16 year old.) I was just trying to see the best price I could possibly get, thanks guys.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
have you ever prepped really really really really crappy fiberglass before? The guys that did mine charged me 650 bucks to prep paint and install it cause it was so tough. When i picked it up the guy said next time someone brings him fiberglass like that he'll be charging twice as much. Maybe i just got the shaft and got the crappiest fiberglass mold known to man... who knows.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if you have really cheap fiber glass u might have to coat the whole hood with a thin coat of body filler before youprimer and paint. were did u learn to do body work 98vroomvroom

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
im gonna guess by putting his car back together form when he had no front end lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right you hard Zimstang, Ive always been facisnated by cars. My step dad and his friend rebuild 94-98 Mustangs. So Ive grown up around it, Ive prepped all types of fiberglass from the shitty to the perfect litter. Urethane too, as well as some other things like metals and what not.(Fenders and shiz.)

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
yeah, u get what u pay for, at work we had a 96 stang, just av6 vert. hood was cracked a little, so they got a nother one, 2 days later we had so much filler and crap on the new hood after paint it was fugly, also the gaps on the sides were BAD. but if ya know what your doing go for it, but watch the gaps.

·
Registered
135 Posts
did a wax and polish on mine today and got to looking at the hood in the sun and it looks for SH..!!! I'll be taking it back tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to get it right...

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
mattstang said:
did a wax and polish on mine today and got to looking at the hood in the sun and it looks for SH..!!! I'll be taking it back tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to get it right...
sucks man...:disgust:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I always heard the factories only paint the best bodies black, because black will show up the defects more than any other color, bodies with the most defects are painted white, lighter colors show less defects, the darker the color the more perfect the body needs to be.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn, thanks for ruining my day Rick...:) Hood went back to the body shop today so hopefully they'll have it cleaned up and looking at least halfway decent before next weekends Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts