Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i originally wanted to keep my car red, seeing as id have to paint the door jambs, engine compartment and all that other stuff if i changed, but im sick of red and want change, so heres a rough idea of what i want to do

i really like the 03 cobra's for the project, but im unsure if id like polished of machined, and im also wanting to smooth things out, shaving embelums, other than the one on the nose, shaving door handles, antenna, and things like that

opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if your gonna do the job your self then its coll change the color but if ur gonna pay someone to do it then, its not worth it cause they charge up the ass to change the color.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i like the black 10x better than your red, i think you should go with more of a skinny spoke wheel tho such as saleen, but thats my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
that would look sweet, especially with some machined 03 cobra rims.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if your gonna change the clor strip the whole car and then shoot it, and if you have shot paint then clear isnt that hard its just you have to apply less at a time

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
232stang said:
if your gonna change the clor strip the whole car and then shoot it, and if you have shot paint then clear isnt that hard its just you have to apply less at a time
the hardest part with that is if you dont spray enough clear, you get a "frost" effect, its a PITA

with the way the scheme is laid out, ill be able to take the bumper covers off, hood, and header panel and spray them one solid color, then the rest of the body can be sprayed as a whole, so that might make it a bit easier, the hardest part will be the sanding process

im confident enough to paint the car, just a matter of money at this point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts