Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
those 4.0L intakes have completely different designed runner layouts if i recall

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
that's a windstar intake from a pre '99 windstar minivan...and yes that's a performance upgrade for us

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
intake, throttle body adapter, gt throttle body i believe (not sure), gaskets, throttle cable extension arm, egr delete, cai tube, coil pack relocation bracket, and probably a few more things i'm forgetting

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Yea that is a windstar intake (literally), on a pre '99 Ford Windstar minivan. Notice in the pic he actually took it from the right fender. We had an '01 so it was a little different engine wise.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The graph from 2.5K Rpms is with Windstar intake the other is a factory upper intake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
intake, throttle body adapter, gt throttle body i believe (not sure), gaskets, throttle cable extension arm, egr delete, cai tube, coil pack relocation bracket, and probably a few more things i'm forgetting
You can use the gt tb on 01-04 model V6's since they have the same throttle cable, the 99&00 have to swap throttle cables to use it, also if you use gt tb you have to do an iac relocation since there is no prevision for it on the throttle body itself

You can keep EGR (if you wanted) have to get the Windstar bracket to lower the EGR valve so it won't hit intake

An easy thing to do is swap the guts from a mustang throttle body into the windstars tb so you can just reuse the same factory location for the iac valve if you have hood clearance, also it allows the tb to be opened from the top instead of the bottom to allow making the operation easier

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can use the gt tb on 01-04 model V6's since they have the same throttle cable, the 99&00 have to swap throttle cables to use it, also if you use gt tb you have to do an iac relocation since there is no precision for it on the throttle body itself

You can keep EGR (if you wanted) have to get the Windstar bracket to lower the EGR valve so it won't hit intake

An easy thing to do is swap the guts from a mustang throttle body into the windstars tb so you can just reuse the same factory location for the iac valve if you have hood clearance, also it allows the tb to be opened from the top instead of the bottom to allow making the operation easier
Got it:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts