Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the new k&n 69 typhoon series cold air intake for my car and installed it today so I thought I'd show you guys how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, didn't require a tune. It has the more HP gains than any other one on the market that doesn't require a tune. It's over 20 added HP at 5100 rpm. And I don't even hear it at all, and I have borla exhaust so that covers up the sound of it too lol.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Brock23 said:
Nope, didn't require a tune. It has the more HP gains than any other one on the market that doesn't require a tune. It's over 20 added HP at 5100 rpm. And I don't even hear it at all, and I have borla exhaust so that covers up the sound of it too lol.
delete your inbox messages plz

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Looks good :good:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2013_stang_gt said:
delete your inbox messages plz
I deleted them

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

bradtaylornator said:
How big of a noticeable difference did it make compared to stock?
Definitely a noticeable difference in the top end acceleration through 3rd and 4th. Really satisfied with the results

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Without a tune I believe the "butt dyno" is lying to you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you could gain 20 hp from an aftermarket cai with no tune we all would have one.. I dont understand where people get these ideas that they can have gains when the car alredy comes with a decent cai.. Like grabber said, 4 hp if your lucky

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Smoke said:
Where did u by it. I just looked it up and its not for the coyote
Go to knfilters.com and enter your car into the search options. You'll find the 63 series and the 69 series. The 69 series is what I have and they have actually not yet been mass produced. I have a connection at k&n so I was able to get one of their small supply runs of the prototype. Which is actually better because they focus more on each individual intake because there is less of them so they end up being a little better quality and come with a few extras. I know that There are 2-3 left that I have access to if anyone is seriously interested I could hook that up for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
Without a tune I believe the "butt dyno" is lying to you.
Lol you're a comedian. Car has been on the dyno twice since the intake was installed and both times it showed over 17 HP gains

·
Registered
428 Posts
Edens5 said:
If you could gain 20 hp from an aftermarket cai with no tune we all would have one.. I dont understand where people get these ideas that they can have gains when the car alredy comes with a decent cai.. Like grabber said, 4 hp if your lucky
Just thinkin maybe it depends on gearing a lot of u guys have 373 and u feel a lot more power down low and a lot more wheel spin so u don't really feel the gain ...just thinkin

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Brock23 said:
Lol you're a comedian. Car has been on the dyno twice since the intake was installed and both times it showed over 17 HP gains
I know, I'm a riot, right?
I would love to see your before and after dyno results. I'm sure we all would. Not trying to be a d1ck, but, without a tune, there it is not in the cars DNA to make more hp on its own, especially if the diameter of the inlet pipe at the MAF sensor is not larger than stock. I stand by the FACT that there is no way your car has made more than a single digit power increase. Best of luck to you though, goodnight ME, I'll be here all weekend.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Exactly what smozilla said. The MAF housing is the same size, or within the tolerance of the ECM self calibration, neither of which will produce more power. Is the vehicle tuned? What type of conditions were there between stock and kn dyno runs, same dyno?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts