Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dread having to go buy a new key and remote box.. It only came with one.. I guess I should take a jar of Vaseline when I tell them what I want and put that on the counter and tell them just take it easy!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Redlineroller said:
Dread having to go buy a new key and remote box.. It only came with one.. I guess I should take a jar of Vaseline when I tell them what I want and put that on the counter and tell them just take it easy!!
Hahaha yea it might hurt to sit down for a few days,Vaseline should make it a bit easier tho !

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
why not just go to walmart and buy a chipped key? they're pretty cheap there for chipped compared to a dealer, and they program them on the spot. you'll just need your one key to make as many others as you need

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I would like the factory key and box..
a walmart key looks the same just doesn't say ford...but if you want oe you'll just need to bite the bullet and pay..as for the FOB just look online for a used one. takes all of one minute to program them to your car

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True I've been debating it since I got the car.. It's been six weeks so it's past time to get a key made.. On the upside I know can't nobody drive my baby!!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Get a chipped uncut key online for around $10 bucks and go to a local key shop to get it cut for like $2 bucks... That's what my dad did with our Corvette after he lost one of the keys. Do it like that and it should be fairly cheap. Then just get a fob from ebay or something for like $20

1 - 9 of 9 Posts