Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just purchased a 07 427R Roush with 22,xxx miles down in Missouri. I believe this car came from Oklahoma didn't know if anyone has ever seen it or know the owner? Well first things first whats the best first step to take on these? From what i have seen a smaller pulley, program, and plugs? any input would be appreciated. Also i have a check engine light for the cats we do not need cats in Illinois, performance wise would i be better off to remove it or do something else?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum. I have a similar set up. I would recommend a smaller pulley, I went with the 2.57, and I believe there is one size smaller 2.49 pulley you can find online. A steeda cai! W/ tuner. But there is a catch. You want or should have a dyno tune! So your going to have to get your pcm< computer cleared from roush. Or most likely your dyno guy will not be able to program or access the files stored to your cars computer. A roush dealership near you should be able to

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Set your computer back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
There are 3 or 4 current/former 427 owners on this forum, hopefully they see the thread and they can all point you in the right direction. Welcome to the forum and BEAUTIFUL car!

Just FYI, catalytic converters are a federal requirement so if a cop pulls you over and is having a bad day, doesn't matter what Illinois law says. Ok I'll get off my soapbox now lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks i really like it i am gonna take it to the local dealer that messes with roush, shelbys they have a dyno so i wanna get the pulley on, take off the cats, program it and dyno it to see hows the car is performing. My buddy has a nice c5 vette and im pretty sure he moght take me i cant have that

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
If you ask a dealer to take off the cats they are going to refuse unless it is some mom/pop shop and you know the owner and even then. It is illegal for them to do so.

That said, its not anything you can't do yourself in a few hours with the car on jackstands in the driveway.

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
VMP 500 horse kit along with an upgraded intercooler. Or if you can spend a couple grand get VMP's M90 swap. Their supercharger is pure mean compared to Roush's M90. It can handle up to 14lbs of boost, compared to Roush's 8-9lbs. Then look into getting full exhaust, headers off-road mid pipe and what ever axlebacks you want. With the stock Roush blower you won't go past 445rwhp legitimately. The VMP M90 I couldn't tell you the limits but it's a lot better than Roush's limit.

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
I forget is the 427 a built bottom end or just the stock 3V with a M90 slapped on it?

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
Stock. P-51s were the first with a forged block and internals, with an 800 horse flywheel limit. But they lowered the compression ratio to 8.5:1 from 9.8:1 (don't quote me on the stock compression). My biggest recommendation is get the Roush M90 off ASAP; or upgrading the supercharger cooling system. Also, if you plan on tracking the car I'd recommend doing the Roush big brake kit if it's not already on the car.
Edit: forgot to mention that the 8.5:1 compression is with stock heads.

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
The low compression is good for the instant torque spool up feel tho.

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
It is, looking forward to putting that engine in mine.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats the hp to the wheels on these? Also whats the stock roush charger worth used? Damn salesman told me it had forged internals thats kinda upsetting to hear. How much can this girl hold without getting to risky?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Stock they make about 360
Most you will get out of it with everything done to it is 440 sae

Blower heat soaks horribly.
Needs a dual fan heat exchanger, water/meth for cooling.
Full exhaust
Pulley
Tune

It's not forged. Stock 3v with a blower.

You may get $500 for the blower. Good luck selling it though. As you would have to sell it as a kit to see $1,000 -1,500.

if you upgrade to the 1.9l from vmp you will just swap out the blower itself.

You would have to go with Whipple or Kenne bell to get another complete kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
360 stock? That is close to full bolt on 3v stock.
Yes they make less than a coyote does stock.

It's a little little little blower I believe it's a 1.3L

I put so much $ into mine and that day I got walked 3 times by my friends Bolton coyote making 428 is the day I sold it.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Just remember. Fixing the cooling problem is a must.

IMO don't wast a cent on the m90 if you can. And get the upgraded blower from VMP.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Whats the hp to the wheels on these? Also whats the stock roush charger worth used? Damn salesman told me it had forged internals thats kinda upsetting to hear. How much can this girl hold without getting to risky?
Never trust a salesman with a sports car... Means that the motor will only go as far as the stock rods which is about 425-450 to the wheels. Just like mine lol.

Any M90 is too small of a blower for even a 2V honestly, no idea why Roush used them.

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
^ never trust anyone at a dealership.
And Roush is retarded that's the best way to put it. Same supercharger on my pontiac and it made more boost than the my Roush makes.

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Even Ford didn't get it right till 2013 with the TVS on the Trinity. Its saying something when a 2012 GT500 goes from 550 to 700+ with only a blower swap/retune.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
The dealership bought my 427r. They thought it was stock besides exhaust lol. Only thing I took off was the nitrous kit.
Oh and I took the handheld and sent it to sct to be unlocked to use on my coyote

1 - 20 of 110 Posts