Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Mustang Evolution! New to the forum but not to the mustang world at all!! Just wanted to say what's up an I have a question. I have a 95 GT just got the auto converted to a manual back in September. There is a noticeable squeaking noise when my car is in neutral but when I engage the clutch it goes away. Any advice??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, my throw out bearing sounded like a little chirping bird. Replaced with ford throw out bearing and been good ever since. Some try to fix with an adjustable clutch cable and quadrant but may just be masking a failing TOB.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Dont think Ill ever be paying a shop to replace or do any tranny work on any car of mine ever again. I found out that in the trans mechanical world "new" can mean used but not broken yet parts. I dont like that, when I pay for "new" I want parts that have never been used or abused...

Had a 98 1/2 SVT Contour track car that if the tranny broke it meant you were pulling the engine first to pull the tranny through the top of the hood, little mazda tranny was hell on the pocket book and wouldnt stay together with all the used parts the shops kept putting in it.. Not honest to tell someone they have "new" parts and they are really used.

When the trans goes on my 5.0 explorer ill be looking to put a new AODE in myself from a performance trans maker like PA or TCI. At least then I know ill be getting virgin parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts