Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
1,654 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Someone will be along shortly to address your question.

· Registered
23 Posts
Welcome! The stage 3 Roush has a phase 1 SC kit on it. The phase 1 kit is identifiable in a few ways:
-The TVS SC that sits on top has Roush on it.
-The Phase 1 kit has a closed Roush intake
-The Phase 1 kit comes with an 85mm pulley for the SC
Aftermarket wise the phase 1 kit comes with CARB stickers for under the hood, unsure if these would be a thing from the factory.

As far as verifying the engine I would ask for the bill of sale showing what it was at the time of purchase. If bought private party I would ask if there is an aftermarket tune on it outside of Roush. If bought from a dealer I would consider taking it to a quality tuner to have it tuned properly.

· Premium Member
10,682 Posts
You can go on Roush’s website and verify what your car came with from the factory. All you need is the last 6 of your vin and you can see your car in the registry. Every car is automatically entered in the registry upon completion of the stage of upgrades. Before they are returned to the dealership that sent them.
You can post a photo of the engine bay so we can see if there’s any noticeable upgrades that aren’t the regular stage 3 upgrades.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

· Registered
282 Posts
Hi new member here! Just a question…. So I picked up a 2014 Roush Stage 3. How can I tell what phase it is or if it has the aluminator engine? Thanks!

There should be a tag on the drivers side strut tower, phase 1 575HP/505ft. If it has the aluminator there would be a tag on the firewall for that which the motor will have 675HP/585ft. If you have a cold air intake it's possible that someone did either a phase 2 upgrade for 625HP/525ft or they did a phase 3 upgrade. You would have an external fuel pressure module in the trunk on the drivers side mounted to the left of the rear seat if they did a phase 3 upgrade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts