Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New mod for my truck, day pics up

I've had some driving lights just sitting around for a while and finally decided to take some time and put them in. Now i'm by far not the best when it comes to electrical things like this. So i'm quite happy that I was able to do it by myself.

Now the first pic from inside the truck looking out is with just the driving lights. Second pic is the driving lights and the headlights. The third pic is just the headlights by them self.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
cool... good job man, looks good, now all you need is a bigger truck ;)... F-series = :) (your truck is still cool regardless)

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jimmy_beaner said:
cool... good job man, looks good, now all you need is a bigger truck ;)... F-series = :) (your truck is still cool regardless)

I like the f series truck but im not a fullsize truck kinda guy. Anyway I love rangers and dont plan on getting out of them for a fullsize. Maybe later when im old like my dad lol, but for now no :p:

steedav6builder said:
i had those exact same fogs when i had my truck. they wore out in less than a year, the controler box for the remote anyway, so i had to wire them to a switch.
These lights are just temp. I plan on probably getting a safari bar and then putting on some actual offroad lights.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You can't put more than 4 forward facing lights uncovered on a vehicle...just warning you in case you decide to run all 6 you can be pulled over.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Alot of ppl with all those light bars and such are always getting pulled over for it. That's why they make light covers...not just for looks.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ya..but it's on the record. No more than 4 forward facing lights.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They can't do anything as long as they are turned off. Its the same with neons and colored lights. They can not do anything if they are turned off and if you are parked it is perfectly legal to have them on. The only time I plan on using them is when im not on the road.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh, that's cool. Just making sure you knew that

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ya gotta be able to see out in the middle of nowhere. If bama's like MS, to get to anyone's house you have to drive through 4 million fields and try to figure out which set of trees the road goes through. Thats' my reasoning behind my hyper white headlights and my super bright fog lights. That's why I didn't go OEM with foglights..not bright enough lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I guess...but I also didn't wanna drill a hole in the OEM's...I have a LED accent light in my 20 dollar fog lights lol. So ghetto...

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That and they will be a nice additive when im out having some fun at night in the mud and what not ;) . Right now i'm still debating on where i'm going with my truck, but if I stick to an offroad setup i'll be getting a safari bar and putting some offroad lights on it then moving these to the back and using them as extra backup lights.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The only thing different I would have done is gone with round lights instead of the little rectangular ones. I think they'd flow with the front of your truck better.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lowflyn said:
The only thing different I would have done is gone with round lights instead of the little rectangular ones. I think they'd flow with the front of your truck better.
Thats the kind im getting next. I've had these just sitting around for a long time so I just decided to put them on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts