Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, supercharger isn't enough power so looks like im givin my stang a new engine.

Im gonna be going with the mmr short block with manly forged pistons, rods, and crank....its a 4.75 stroker motor. Then im gonna be polishing and porting my heads and going with a stage II cam, and lastly, im getting a smaller supercharger pully so ill be pushing around 14psi
How does that setup sound to you guys?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well, supercharger isn't enough power so looks like im givin my stang a new engine.

Im gonna be going with the mmr short block with manly forged pistons, rods, and crank....its a 4.75 stroker motor. Then im gonna be polishing and porting my heads and going with a stage II cam, and lastly, im getting a smaller supercharger pully so ill be pushing around 14psi
How does that setup sound to you guys?
Recommendation, porting and polishing, if they have a little bit rougher of surfaces it brakes up the fuel for better combustion.

·
Registered
634 Posts
So would port and polishing not e a good idea to do on our heads???
Not saying that exactly, recent studies on race motors say not to completely polish them. Slight ridges help break down the molecules in modern gasses allowing better combustion. Also when you port in polish them your thinning your surface and making more friction causing more heat which is not good for motors you want to last long. There's a lot of factors to think about prior to doing a port and polish job.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Not saying that exactly, recent studies on race motors say not to completely polish them. Slight ridges help break down the molecules in modern gasses allowing better combustion. Also when you port in polish them your thinning your surface and making more friction causing more heat which is not good for motors you want to last long. There's a lot of factors to think about prior to doing a port and polish job.
Aw oh ok I see makes sense :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts