Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a few months back wrecked my 2014 gt. Now I'm looking for a new one I can get a new 2015 loaded for just a bit more than a 2016 base. What would you do? Thank for any input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
851 Posts
See if u can stick to 11-14 generation... Buy nice used one stick shift

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
737 Posts
What's the difference between the 15 and 16? Hood vent turn signal indicators?

I'd say this is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Buying a Premium or a base GT for the same price..........are you listening to yourself?
The 2015 and the 2016 are identical other than the availability of the hood blinkers -- which you can't even see the passenger side of from the driver's seat.
If you can buy either one of these for the same price = Premium every day of the week and twice on the Sabbath!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Buying a Premium or a base GT for the same price..........are you listening to yourself?
The 2015 and the 2016 are identical other than the availability of the hood blinkers -- which you can't even see the passenger side of from the driver's seat.
If you can buy either one of these for the same price = Premium every day of the week and twice on the Sabbath!
Plus...you can add the hood blinkers yourself to your premium 15 if they're a deal breaker! Heck you can even add them now to 11-14 GTs with hood vents. eBay kit.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Plus...you can add the hood blinkers yourself to your premium 15 if they're a deal breaker! Heck you can even add them now to 11-14 GTs with hood vents. eBay kit.

**Just be aware that you'll be driving a Fusion clone two door.

·
Banned
275 Posts
I purchased a base 2015 with performance pack and recaro seats and I was much happier than when I had a premium. I paid 32,000 I believe. I think you should find a car with performance options. You'll enjoy the car more if your somewhat into performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would go with the 2015 for sure. If you think like me, you'll be mad the first time a nice 2015 GT pulls up next to your base model 16.

I love driving my 15 GT and I added the blinker kit. It was fun to add and easy to do.

Save the dough, get the 15 and keep the base models in your rear view mirror!!! ?

Be sure to push the dealer hard. They want the 15's out!

Mike

·
Registered
851 Posts
Go 11-14 body style gt... This "trend" of 15 sales will soon drop... Snatch 11-14 for cheap n better looking imo

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't really find any 14's in my area right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Banned
275 Posts
Go 11-14 body style gt... This "trend" of 15 sales will soon drop... Snatch 11-14 for cheap n better looking imo

The 11-14 cars look ugly to me after owning a 15. They look so old, kinda like the 05-09 cars.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The rear of 15 ugly imo... Side is okay... Front looks like fusion imo... Interior nicer definitely but we get mustangs for power ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
And the new one has more power... What's your point? Guy wants a 15', so give him a break.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I really think Ford did an outstanding job overall on the new 15+ in every aspect....except slapping the same corporate front face design onto the Mustang....a Ford icon for decades which has never resembled any other Ford model in current production. It had its own face, persona, style and performance.
Don't get me wrong though...a 15-16 GT all black with performance pack... WOW...it looks just amazing (to me). But.... No thank you Ford. It has Fusion face (and focus, fiesta, Taurus,....)
I'll wait for a tweak or maybe a new Bulitt..Mach 1?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I really think Ford did an outstanding job overall on the new 15+ in every aspect....except slapping the same corporate front face design onto the Mustang....a Ford icon for decades which has never resembled any other Ford model in current production. It had its own face, persona, style and performance.
Don't get me wrong though...a 15-16 GT all black with performance pack... WOW...it looks just amazing (to me). But.... No thank you Ford. It has Fusion face (and focus, fiesta, Taurus,....)
I'll wait for a tweak or maybe a new Bulitt..Mach 1?
I agree, is always thought of "Ford" and "Mustang" cars being independent designs. I love the interior of the 15, but the front to me is what held me back from one.

But OP wants a new stang, which fine.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go on Autotrader and look for a 2013 or 2014. You should be able to find one. Even if you have to drive a few hundred miles that is not a be deal to save some money. I live in CT and found mine in NC , never went down to see it. Just asked for service records, did a car fax and plenty of pictures. Try to find one owned by a older adult and stock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 2014 looks "old" because they are made that way! Try to stick with the 2014. Late builds (after April 2014) have the 2015 cylinder heads adding the 10hp, as the 2015. Has the solid rear axle, and doesn't lose the 25 hp of the independent rear of the 2015+. Just a better car.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts