Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Do some research and rethink hard about replacing 14 gt :) as someone stated earlier, this generation will be considered "classic" mustangs later down the line. The 15's will be phased out soon.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
52 Posts
The auto has line lock for 16 along with SYNC 3 and the hood turn signals. I traded in my 13 for the 16. My first NEW Mustang was a 428 SCJ with Drag Pack Mach 1. Go for the 16 my friend, they have great deals on them as the 17's will be out soon. The 15,16 are light years ahead of the 13-14's. Read the road tests. I'm a test driver by trade so I almost know what I'm talking about. :thumb:

·
Registered
851 Posts
The auto has line lock for 16 along with SYNC 3 and the hood turn signals. I traded in my 13 for the 16. My first NEW Mustang was a 428 SCJ with Drag Pack Mach 1. Go for the 16 my friend, they have great deals on them as the 17's will be out soon. The 15,16 are light years ahead of the 13-14's. Read the road tests. I'm a test driver by trade so I almost know what I'm talking about. :thumb:

First off, auto? Lol secondly 11-14 > 15-?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers

·
Registered
52 Posts

Yes AUTO, faster for one thing and consistent as in drag racing if you want to win. I had a 13 and yes it takes time to warm up to the 15-16 but once there OH MAN what a ride. Did I tell you I also raced Top Fuel dragsters, bikes, Karts, etc. over the years.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Let's not get too uppity about the 13-14's becoming classics. Remember this ?

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1460243947.463743.jpg

·
Banned
275 Posts
The 2014 looks "old" because they are made that way! Try to stick with the 2014. Late builds (after April 2014) have the 2015 cylinder heads adding the 10hp, as the 2015. Has the solid rear axle, and doesn't lose the 25 hp of the independent rear of the 2015+. Just a better car.

Just a better car? I'm sorry but that not even remotely close.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I respectfully say that the new S550 is a huge leap for the Mustang in many performance and quality areas but in design , I think it's future will be similar to the new edge.. Radical and desirable (at the time) but looks wise, doesn't instill a feeling of Mustang heritage...except the tail light design. The 15-16 overall design will be no classic or desirable generation...like a 40th anniversary today...meh...
Ford will tweak it soon enough and blast that stupid Fusion front end off the car and maybe...hopefully..put a muscle car face on it again that has some hint of the classic original generations clearly in its blood.
The 15+ has some real beauty and appeal...but if I were to try to look at it and tell you which other family member its related to...I would bet a weeks salary that he's Mr Fusions brother, the Focus is his little nephew and the cmax would likely be his cousin that didn't quite stay in the womb long enough.
I'm not sayin my 14 is some future classic or better , I'm just saying..look at this 68 and tell me a 14 GT isn't clearly his great great grandson... And still has masculine presence..not European Aston Martin -ish lines

Attachments

·
Banned
275 Posts

Dude...

First of all you own a v6.... You can't make auto jokes...sorry. Why are you giving advice about a 11-14 gt and a 15+ gt when you've never owned any of them?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I respectfully say that the new S550 is a huge leap for the Mustang in many performance and quality areas but in design , I think it's future will be similar to the new edge.. Radical and desirable (at the time) but looks wise, doesn't instill a feeling of Mustang heritage...except the tail light design. The 15-16 overall design will be no classic or desirable generation...like a 40th anniversary today...meh...

Ford will tweak it soon enough and blast that stupid Fusion front end off the car and maybe...hopefully..put a muscle car face on it again that has some hint of the classic original generations clearly in its blood.

The 15+ has some real beauty and appeal...but if I were to try to look at it and tell you which other family member its related to...I would bet a weeks salary that he's Mr Fusions brother, the Focus is his little nephew and the cmax would likely be his cousin that didn't quite stay in the womb long enough.

I'm not sayin my 14 is some future classic or better , I'm just saying..look at this 68 and tell me a 14 GT isn't clearly his great great grandson... And still has masculine presence..not European Aston Martin -ish lines

Well thought out post. Pros and Cons to everything.

I've personally owned both cars but my decision to renew my vehicle in no way reflects how everyone else feels about their cars . Same reason a lot of guys weren't too crazy about buying an 05 when the came out because they were happy with their 04's and SVT's and then a huge majority of people were excited about the design. You can't please everyone!

The mustang outsold both the challenger and camaro COMBINED in March and has been leading sales by a sizeable portion without counting its sales overseas. For better or worse, it's making an impression on people.

If the fusion had followed the mustang , would people criticize it for being derivative or would they have applauded its design (much like a charger and challenger share some mild styling cues)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the Gray tail light/Back end better then the Red tail light/Back end. Both are cool, but it's really just mustang preferences. My neighbor has an Ol skool Mustang 67' and swears by it and would never buy a newer model. I respect that, but the S197 - 13/14's are just so freaking cool IMO.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Because of S550 owner responses, I think I'll have to test drive a 2015+ soon to get a better view to judge. Still wish the front end was different, at least kept the fog lights on the grille. My favorite visual difference between the V6s and 5.0s.

Might as drive a 16 Camaro just for the lulz.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah! You could! Im generally uncomfortable in Camaros. The interiors always seem flimsy to me. They've gone along way with the 16, but the mustang interior is still king, if space isn't your determining factor

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm sure every guy said that when they bought them and looked at the early foxes coming in. Envy wasn't born yesterday

·
Banned
275 Posts
There is reason why most of the haters are 2014 owners. Same thing happened with the gt500 from 2012 to 2013. 100 more hp and these 11-12 guys were like... But the tail lights are ugly?! Umm yeah...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think the over 40 crowd gets my drift. They understand the nostalgia of the 64 to 70 mustangs,and how the S197's brought that back for a while, it was an awesome idea to bring some of that look back, and all the car manufactures followed that idea. If u want to do track or rolling starts... go for it, but to us it doesn't mean a dam thing! I'm not into indy or Nascar. Maybe for us a car really just isn't a car, it's hanging on to the way it use to be, no Internet, no political correctness, not worrying about the economy ... just a nice v8, a clear night, and some buddies crusin, wasting a half a tank of gas!!! Never had the ricers reving their weed wackers beside u at the lights. I just have to laugh! They really don't know what cool really is or was.

·
Registered
737 Posts
There is reason why most of the haters are 2014 owners. Same thing happened with the gt500 from 2012 to 2013. 100 more hp and these 11-12 guys were like... But the tail lights are ugly?! Umm yeah...

Haha I don't even understand the hate, we're all stang owners in the end.

I'd rather see the OP get any stang than a Challenger/Camaro, at least then I know he has good taste. ?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not a hater, just don't really care about the direction the mustangs are going right now. The 2020 probably won't even have a v8 option. Just like ford went and screwed up the 2013 Escape... now all old little ladies drive them...lol

·
Banned
275 Posts
I think the over 40 crowd gets my drift. They understand the nostalgia of the 64 to 70 mustangs,and how the S197's brought that back for a while, it was an awesome idea to bring some of that look back, and all the car manufactures followed that idea. If u want to do track or rolling starts... go for it, but to us it doesn't mean a dam thing! I'm not into indy or Nascar. Maybe for us a car really just isn't a car, it's hanging on to the way it use to be, no Internet, no political correctness, not worrying about the economy ... just a nice v8, a clear night, and some buddies crusin, wasting a half a tank of gas!!! Never had the ricers reving their weed wackers beside u at the lights. I just have to laugh! They really don't know what cool really is or was.

I totally get it. And that's awesome. I'm sure I'll feel the same way eventually about a certain platform as well.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts