Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ford should've tweaked the 15 just a tad same way Chevy tweaked its al new 16 (which is essentially a 15) and called it a day.
They look "cool" and all but I'm glad I snatched up a 14.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep.... it's envy. That's why I researched my Mustang buy for 3 months, then searched over 200 dealerships, found my Stang 600 miles away, did a dealer transfer and bought it 2 months before the 2015 was released. It's because I really wanted a 2015. Wow.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Hate is a pretty strong word my friends.
I drive an 03 and love it more than I did my 14 TrakPak....for me it's more fun to drive 03 than the 14 and although I was close to trading the 14 for 15 the 15 which was equipped the same as my 14 was a better road handling car...don't get me wrong....at least in my neck of the woods you see 5 Mustangs for every Camaro and at least 3 Mustangs for every Challenger.
When someone starts talking about the decade between 63 and 73 and I doubt it very seriously that anyone really gets it other than the people that lived through it, raced in it and these people are not in their 60's and beyond. We didn't have places like American Muscle, Summit, JEGS, and the hundreds of other online stores that sell go fast parts...we had rely on our own ingenuity and resourcefulness...
Everyone has their favorite "brand" and when you get to be my age the things that mattered when you were younger mean very little now.....with the exception of there is never enough HP/TQ!
You people who think the 13/14 Mustang will be a classic.....maybe in another 40 years and my guess not even then.....ofcourse I won't be around to find out.
Just go buy the 15 or 16 and get it done with!!!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep.... it's envy. That's why I researched my Mustang buy for 3 months, then searched over 200 dealerships, found my Stang 600 miles away, did a dealer transfer and bought it 2 months before the 2015 was released. It's because I really wanted a 2015. Wow.

Did you want yours with hello kitty seats ? Jesus, they are literally everywhere. I found mine on a lot, exactly the way I wanted. Anyways good for you man! I hear there's this crazy section of the forum for people with 2011-14. Do you know where that is?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hate is a pretty strong word my friends.

I drive an 03 and love it more than I did my 14 TrakPak....for me it's more fun to drive 03 than the 14 and although I was close to trading the 14 for 15 the 15 which was equipped the same as my 14 was a better road handling car...don't get me wrong....at least in my neck of the woods you see 5 Mustangs for every Camaro and at least 3 Mustangs for every Challenger.

When someone starts talking about the decade between 63 and 73 and I doubt it very seriously that anyone really gets it other than the people that lived through it, raced in it and these people are not in their 60's and beyond. We didn't have places like American Muscle, Summit, JEGS, and the hundreds of other online stores that sell go fast parts...we had rely on our own ingenuity and resourcefulness...

Everyone has their favorite "brand" and when you get to be my age the things that mattered when you were younger mean very little now.....with the exception of there is never enough HP/TQ!

You people who think the 13/14 Mustang will be a classic.....maybe in another 40 years and my guess not even then.....ofcourse I won't be around to find out.

Just go buy the 15 or 16 and get it done with!!!!!!

Very insightful ! Thank you for the wisdom. I had a 99GT and lots of great memories in it. I saw my old car around town the other day and I waited outside of a mall with 4 grand in cash hoping to buy it off the owner but he never came out and I could never figure out who it might've belonged to . Any fun stories about racing in the ol days ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Weren't that many Mustang GT Premiums, Race Red, Red leather and carbon fiber interior, 2015 heads, 440hp, 400 ft lbs torque. Up here. But I found one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Okay yeah , I get you man. I've wanted red seats for a long time . I was between my blue 15 pp or a premium 401a black GT with red seats. I still wish I'd taken them. Respect brother. I wouldn't mind seeing pics with the interior. I'm a sucker for red on red ever since I seen a 96 with red interior and exterior

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lol my main concern is trading a 14 for a 16. I owe less then it's worth but I'd be starting over in payments and losing money on mods but I do love the s550

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
The auto has line lock for 16
My 15 also has line lock.
First off, auto?
The auto would be my only choice in these cars. Don't knock them until you've driven one.
Dude...

First of all you own a v6.... You can't make auto jokes...sorry. Why are you giving advice about a 11-14 gt and a 15+ gt when you've never owned any
Agreed. The guy has a V6 and is quick to knock everyone else.:nonono:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a base 16 with recaro seats 6 speed (mt82) and i love the independent suspension, and the looks. car is really quick for stock, did a 13.0 in a quarter mile in the streets with 235 tires with 30psi. want to take it to the track to see if i can do a 12.9

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Very insightful ! Thank you for the wisdom. I had a 99GT and lots of great memories in it. I saw my old car around town the other day and I waited outside of a mall with 4 grand in cash hoping to buy it off the owner but he never came out and I could never figure out who it might've belonged to . Any fun stories about racing in the ol days ?

I've got some 35+ years of stories...........I could talk about pulling the 67 Camaro, 63-1/2 427 Galaxie, 68-1/2 CJ or my B/SM Maverick in an open trailer, living in my pickup during 3 day events and eating once or if I was lucky twice a day on "track" food because I didn't have money for a hotel.........or taking my Dana 60 out of my SS/IA Camaro and lending it to another racer who made it semi-finals and broke the housing.......or about breaking the shear pin in the distributor of the Camaro...seeing the oil pressure go from 60+ to -0 in a nano second and having shut the motor off and loose the semi-final round because of a $0.50 part.
During this time in my life I had more fun than 100's of people will ever experience....meet some of best people/friends I have ever know and spent a ton of $$$$$$.......would I do it over again..........in less than a nano second!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Olerodder, do I ever relate! So many stories I'd like to tell my kids, but if they ever did what I did, I'd kill them! Or they would get killed! Lol maybe I'll tell my grand kids when I get them!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
My kids were lucky, they were there with me when the races were within a couple of hundred miles of home....a lot of wives used to go and I had no problem finding short term baby sitters....I was a single father 2 times and had custody of my kids......I was fortunate and so were they and they grew up just great and have families of their own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea this shouldn't be much of a debate lol get the 15,I have a 16 and don't get me wrong u love it but the hood blinkers weren't a breaking point.But I also wanted something brand new and it was more difficult to find 15s at this team new.But same car rlly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
502 Posts
It needs to loose some weight now to keep up with the Camaro. The 2015 was suppose to be put on a diet but it wasn't.
I think the Mustang is a very comfortable cruiser. I know you young guys don't give a rat's behind about that, but I love how fast and drama-free my GT is.

:car1:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll chime in since I had to make this same decision for a second GT.

2015 all the way.

Reasons:
1. Independent rear suspension, so 2015 or 2016, not earlier
2. 2015 is the 50th year. May not mean much to you today but if you own that car in 15 years it may mean something to its value. 2016 will just be a blah blah year.
3. 2016 is same as 2015 in manufacturing, functionality, and options...but you can likely buy a 2015 GT premium for the price of a 2016 GT base. I'm just about ready to sign papers on a 2015 GT premium with leather recaro's for about $33,000.

IMHO.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts