Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Get the 11-14 models while they're still available. Get em w low miles, color u want, and a great looking model!

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I am amused about the debate taking place over a car that belongs to someone else. It's almost like some of you have a personal investment in a particular year model Mustang.

My brother has a 2014 Mustang that has the performance package. It's a gorgeous car. It is black with a black interior. Actually, the entire car is blacked out: wheels, badges, tinted windows and lights, etc.

I wanted a Mustang. I test drove 2013 and up cars. As much as I liked the new cars, they did not appeal to ME.

I remember seeing my first 1999 GT. The Mustang was a brick compared to the SN95. However, it was refreshing to for me to see a resemblance to the old Fox Body the jelly bean car replaced. I never did buy a New Edge Mustang. I drove a WS6 Trans Am. I let other people's perceptions about my car take over. I swore that I would never own a Ford.

Fast forward after owning GM and Mopar products, and today I have a Ford in my driveway.

My brother told me I lost my mind.he started comparing his car to mine. He pointed out the superior HP numbers. He bragged on the MPG difference. He put my 2002 GT down in every way possible to make his 2014 appear the better car.

I admit, there are major improvements in today's Mustangs. I wasn't after a new Mustang though. I wanted the car that made me look twice in 1999.

I smiled and finally told him that I have what I wanted. I have a New Edge convertible GT. I have the Bullit wheels, black leather interior, and a manual trans. I have what I was shopping for. Next year when something new comes along I will still have what I wanted, not what society says I should have.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
at end of the day they are all mustangs and are part of a very special group.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ok a few months back wrecked my 2014 gt. [bold]Now I'm looking for a new one I can get a new 2015 loaded for just a bit more than a 2016 base. What would you do?[/bold] Thank for any input.
Just answering his specific question....2015 or 2016. Get the loaded 2015 or the base 2016 was the question.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts