Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, I currently have a 96' V6 silver mustang as hints the name (silverstang96) anywayz, i found a black 98' GT that i want :rolleyes: :D ... going to look at it sunday... "crosses fingers" tell me what yall think.....

It has borla side exhaust, stalker hood, stalker body kit, 3.73 gears, ( what do the gt's come stock with anywayz?) I believe he said MAC H-pipe, stereo, ummm i think thats about all i cant really rememeber... oh yeah and the paint job is like 4 months old... also, window tint as u can see...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Looks good man, just check how much it's been modded and how well it's been done

·
Banned
321 Posts
Looks nice... Im not really fond of the hood, but to each thier own. Im just not big into exterior styling... I say get it, and mod the sh^t out of it... :D

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Nice another black GT pre99, I wont be ALONE!! :lol:
The car looks great

·
Registered
529 Posts
pre 99 gt's have 2.73s stock

·
Registered
41 Posts
tsk tsk... if you were a true mustang enthusiast, you would know taht your current mustang is not silver. in fact did not make a silver mustang in our body style until 1998. Your car is a color called opal frost. there was a total of 13000 opal frosts from 94-96. if your is a coupe, it is one of 4392 or something like that..here is the site for the opal frost registry.. come and join . http://www.stangbangers.com/Opal_Frost_Mustang_Registry.htm definitely should keep your stang if possible, unless its necessary you have to sell it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mustangmike524 said:
tsk tsk... if you were a true mustang enthusiast, you would know taht your current mustang is not silver. in fact did not make a silver mustang in our body style until 1998. Your car is a color called opal frost. there was a total of 13000 opal frosts from 94-96. if your is a coupe, it is one of 4392 or something like that..here is the site for the opal frost registry.. come and join . http://www.stangbangers.com/Opal_Frost_Mustang_Registry.htm definitely should keep your stang if possible, unless its necessary you have to sell it!

What in the crap are you talking about.. my car is.... silver. And why would i keep my stang? its a 96' with 166,000 miles on it. I am a TRUE mustang enthusiast, and i dont appreciate you commenting like you know more about me than i do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Black95GT said:
Nice another black GT pre99, I wont be ALONE!! :lol:
The car looks great
Yeah, I found a 95 GT just like yours except the interior was lookin pretty bad, i decided it wasnt worth the 8,000. It was some lady and she had 20's on it, it looked horrible though..

·
Registered
17 Posts
aright here goes.. you asked for opinion.. so here it comes...

1) the lines of that hood do not go well with that car. the car is a very rounded off car and that hood is very sharp lined.
btw--- since when did they start calling that hood the stalker? <shrugs> looks like a 72 mach1 style hood to me, which is what they called that same hood when i had it on my 86.
2) if you're gonna have a front bumper cover from a kit, you need to ATLEAST have the rear bumper cover from a similar kit that will compliment it.
3) i usually like those rims, but they look weird on that car.
4) the light he installed in place of the GT emblem is gay.
5) with side exhaust, you wont be able to lower it without bottoming out everywhere, so now that car is going to look like a 4x4 as long as the exhaust stays the same.
6) if he just got it pained 4 months ago... better watch out for it being MAACO paint... seriously. ask him if he has a receipt from where it was painted. if it was painted maaco... :uhh: ummm yea.. expect it to start peeling in the next couple months or weeks.
7) when you go to buy it... after you drive it around for a test drive... go back and park it. 5 minutes later or so, look under the car. look for as many leaks as you can find. if its leaking freeon... your A/C is only gonna work for another few days... and then good luck finding the leak. if its leaking oil... be ready to spend a weekly few to keep your car running. if its leaking rear end differential fluid... you've got a major problem. if its leaking coolant... be ready to do some work within a week after you get it. if its leaking any other fluids, be ready to be replacing some stuff within a couple weeks. saying this because i DIDNT check when i bought my 85, and go figure.. its leaking all of the above. haha.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
is that pic at a drag strip... makes me wonder if its broke and they are selling it to keep from fixing it their self... be careful you never know and some of the pr e99 4.6s have issues with the intakes so watch out for that also.

my friend has a 96 GT with a decent amount of mods and 98 cobras for sale (laser red) here in north alabama for like 6k~ it has a BRAND NEW 01 cobra tranny in it also and alot of other stuff ill list if you interested.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
nice lookin car best of luck with it.

elijah said:
Yep I dig the good, looks a little like a firebird/transam hood but still really sweet
actually looks more like the 71-73 mach1 hoods just raised up some

1 - 20 of 67 Posts