Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The search button will do you wonders but here is the gist.

ANY Cai & tuner combo.

Gears.

Charge Motion Delete Plates

Pulleys

4 easy things, relatively cheap and combined will give you a ridiculous jump

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ANY Cai & tuner combo.

Gears.

Pulleys

Thanks, but I was thinking of doing the gears but wasn't sure cause I do a good amount of highway driving and I don't want it to be like screaming in fifth down the highway, will it you think?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thanks, but I was thinking of doing the gears but wasn't sure cause I do a good amount of highway driving and I don't want it to be like screaming in fifth down the highway, will it you think?
Gears and MPG is severely over rated. The ones who worry are those who don't have them.

I averaged approximately 26 highway on 3.55 (stock) and 16 city. After 4.10 I averaged 25 Highway and almost 19 city for a combined average of 20. Average before was 18.

As for "screaming" down the highway, it only starts to get audible after 70 (in my opinion). I would have to say exhaust combo choice would affect how much you hear at 75+

Also, I have an 06, pretty much every mod you can add to it short of a SC lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gears and MPG is severely over rated. The ones who worry are those who don't have them.

I averaged approximately 26 highway on 3.55 (stock) and 16 city. After 4.10 I averaged 25 Highway and almost 19 city for a combined average of 20. Average before was 18.

As for "screaming" down the highway, it only starts to get audible after 70 (in my opinion). I would have to say exhaust combo choice would affect how much you hear at 75+

Also, I have an 06, pretty much every mod you can add to it short of a SC lol
Yeah that's what I was thinking but yeah I'm not gonna do an exhaust cause the car was in a flood up to the bottom of the doors when I bought it so I think the salt water and rust hollowed out the cats or something in the original exhaust so now it's loud as hell already haha but yeah I'm gonna look into the gears well see what happens but yeah I don't care much about mpg I just don't wanna be like under a drone if I'm drivin down the parkway

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking but yeah I'm not gonna do an exhaust cause the car was in a flood up to the bottom of the doors when I bought it so I think the salt water and rust hollowed out the cats or something in the original exhaust so now it's loud as hell already haha but yeah I'm gonna look into the gears well see what happens but yeah I don't care much about mpg I just don't wanna be like under a drone if I'm drivin down the parkway
Drone will vary from muffler to muffler. They will all have some and at different pitch and RPM. My drone is at 60 and gone at 65+ so I drive 65 +.

Maybe you already have an after market exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drone will vary from muffler to muffler. They will all have some and at different pitch and RPM. My drone is at 60 and gone at 65+ so I drive 65 +.

Maybe you already have an after market exhaust.
Yeah that's what I figured, but no it's stock cause I bought the car from my aunt who bought it brand new

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
With the tuner I've seen some pretty good gains from a throttle body
No. A 3V Mustang will get NOTHING from a TB. MAAAYYYYYBBBEEEEEE 2-3WHP on a 100% stock 3V. The highest gains attained from a TB show up in cammed or SC 3V. They show gains of anywhere from 7-14 WHP depending on air needed.

Where have you "seen" good gains? Maybe on a 2V but not a 3V. Not trying to argue, but that is a fact.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No. A 3V Mustang will get NOTHING from a TB. MAAAYYYYYBBBEEEEEE 2-3WHP on a 100% stock 3V. The highest gains attained from a TB show up in cammed or SC 3V. They show gains of anywhere from 7-14 WHP depending on air needed.

Where have you "seen" good gains? Maybe on a 2V but not a 3V. Not trying to argue, but that is a fact.
Dream chasers and boost performance. The throttle body would see more gain with a tuner (that you previously stated) then any under drive pulleys. I'm putting the whole list you put together as one, you're comparing the two alone. I do agree how ever that with no tuner you'd gain next to nothing with the tb. But pulleys won't net you very much either.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Dream chasers and boost performance. The throttle body would see more gain with a tuner (that you previously stated) then any under drive pulleys. I'm putting the whole list you put together as one, you're comparing the two alone. I do agree how ever that with no tuner you'd gain next to nothing with the tb. But pulleys won't net you very much either.
That is simply not true. On a 3V, a tuner will get you NOTHING on a TB. Go look around, I challenge you to show me a non manufacturer dyno showing any gains on a 3V mustang without heads and FI.

Pulleys have repeatedly shown 6-10WHP.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice reference! The fact is your going to see more from pulleys than a tb on a NA 3v. Period

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I did UDPs a few weeks ago, made the car feel more peppy I cause and 1-2 gear hits harder

·
Registered
349 Posts

ANY Cai & tuner combo.

Gears.

Pulleys

Agreed, looks like a pretty good starting point. Let the mods begin!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts