Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get bored with my v6 an I'm feeling the new 3.7 v6 or a 03 gt I'd love to have a new 5.0 but I can't afford it right now cause of college any ideas ??? I just made my last car payment for my 09 v6 but I've done everything but put boost in it an I'd rather buy another mustang then buy a super charger or turbo what's a good play form to start with ?
 

·
ME Bloodhound
Joined
·
14,699 Posts
If you want power, you should be able to sell your 5th gen V6 and buy a 99-04GT for even less than you sell your current one for. Then you can start the mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
Wmcgrattan said:
I'm starting to get bored with my v6 an I'm feeling the new 3.7 v6 or a 03 gt I'd love to have a new 5.0 but I can't afford it right now cause of college any ideas ??? I just made my last car payment for my 09 v6 but I've done everything but put boost in it an I'd rather buy another mustang then buy a super charger or turbo what's a good play form to start with ?
Get the 3.7!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soccerluvr4 said:
If you want power, you should be able to sell your 5th gen V6 and buy a 99-04GT for even less than you sell your current one for. Then you can start the mods.
Yea I have almost 10k in my v6 I'm not selling it lol

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

99ford said:
+1 the 3.7 is a really good engine and plenty of power.
I was thinking about it but not completely sold yet .. I saw a dodge challenger 3.5 l with 300 hp that would be fun to have an work on considering the only cars that I've worked on is Hondas an my mustang
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
Wmcgrattan said:
Yea I have almost 10k in my v6 I'm not selling it lol

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------



I was thinking about it but not completely sold yet .. I saw a dodge challenger 3.5 l with 300 hp that would be fun to have an work on considering the only cars that I've worked on is Hondas an my mustang
The challenger is a nice car, but don't expect it to be easy to work on. If your an ASE mechanic or have extensive mechanical knowledge than you will be fine. But overall don't expect to be able to do a lot of stuff on your own.

Chrysler products are almost like working on an expensive imported car. My mechanic almost wants to run and hide when I bring my brothers dodge in. I also had a Sebring before trading up to the Mustang, and that car crapped out more often than not.

I would highly recommend the 3.7-liter or the 4.6-liter. Interior on the 10+ is much nicer and cleaner than ours. I think you will be impressed. I was looking at a '12 V6 premium for $26,500
5speed, leather, mycolor MCA package pretty nice car for 26K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99ford said:
The challenger is a nice car, but don't expect it to be easy to work on. If your an ASE mechanic or have extensive mechanical knowledge than you will be fine. But overall don't expect to be able to do a lot of stuff on your own.

Chrysler products are almost like working on an expensive imported car. My mechanic almost wants to run and hide when I bring my brothers dodge in. I also had a Sebring before trading up to the Mustang, and that car crapped out more often than not.

I would highly recommend the 3.7-liter or the 4.6-liter. Interior on the 10+ is much nicer and cleaner than ours. I think you will be impressed. I was looking at a '12 V6 premium for $26,500
5speed, leather, mycolor MCA package pretty nice car for 26K.
Yea I really like the challengers interior to its a lot more roomier then ours an I'm not looking for a fast car just one that I can have for a little while throw full exhaust an a intake on with some rims an trade in to a v8 of some sort later down the road my dream car is a 2013 gotta have it green gt but I have to wait till I'm 25 at least cause of speeding tickets
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,195 Posts
I'd wait until you graduate. You may snag a top notch job and make plenty of money. That may change what you are wanting to drive at that time. You could save between now and then and it's always good to have some scratch in the bank. :good:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
I'd wait until you graduate. You may snag a top notch job and make plenty of money. That may change what you are wanting to drive at that time. You could save between now and then and it's always good to have some scratch in the bank. :good:
Save, you can save when you're dead! haha Just kidding. Actually, Azure is right! We often get tired of our cars long before they need replacing. I for one could have a new car every 3 years. But yeah the wise thing to do is just save up for a new car.

It's tough, I am fighting new car fever myself right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Azure said:
I'd wait until you graduate. You may snag a top notch job and make plenty of money. That may change what you are wanting to drive at that time. You could save between now and then and it's always good to have some scratch in the bank. :good:
Yeah its hard enoughto save in college but I just made my last payment for my v6 so that's a extra 400$ in my pocket so it will add up quick I geuss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Don't know why you'd buy a new one on a loan when you could save up for it and buy it cash

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Besides, wouldn't you want a 50th anniversary?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,052 Posts
might be good to save while in school and use that to buy what ever after or you may need it for other things, it does suck when you want something new but use that to be a driving force to work harder etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
$400 a month? If you want roomy find used SHO ;) It has a 3.5 liter and will smoke a Charger 6 or 8... Already seen them as low as 22K around here for a 2010!

Seriously though that 3.7 is a great motor. Guys are reporting fantastic fuel economy and 300hp NA! I am looking for a used V6 S197 and if I had the money I would be all over one. Most likely 210hp 4.0 for me though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jamin22786 said:
Don't know why you'd buy a new one on a loan when you could save up for it and buy it cash

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Besides, wouldn't you want a 50th anniversary?
The anniversary edition mean nothing to me an because I'm going to have debt out the ass after college anyways so might as well lol
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top