Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fml I hope it's no big deal. It's like a rattling noise that SOUNDS like its coming from the drivers side head. It comes and goes. It's primarily at start up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
muscledom said:
Fml I hope it's no big deal. It's like a rattling noise that SOUNDS like its coming from the drivers side head. It comes and goes. It's primarily at start up. Any ideas?
Touch a screw driver to the valve cover a put your ear up to the handle

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BaSohol said:
Touch a screw driver to the valve cover a put your ear up to the handle
Yea I'm gonna have the mechanic take a look at it tomorrow. It is what it is. Hopefully what it is isn't expensive lol

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He said there's definitely some noise coming from under the valve cover. Another project for later this week. Yay lol. Parking it for now. Ill be further developing appreciation for my car as ill be driving a cavalier for the next few days haha

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So we pulled the valve cover off and the only thing he said it could be is lifters. It's got 80k on it and I beat on it regularly. He said its no big deal and not to worry about it at this point but I wanna start lookin for some nice lifters and rockers. Where's a good place to look?

·
Registered
914 Posts
muscledom said:
So we pulled the valve cover off and the only thing he said it could be is lifters. It's got 80k on it and I beat on it regularly. He said its no big deal and not to worry about it at this point but I wanna start lookin for some nice lifters and rockers. Where's a good place to look?
Lash adjusters :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts