Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Since my mustang is a 2005, I have some ugly looking 17" OEM GT wheels, I have a friend who owns an extra set 17" 2007-2008 GT bullit wheels with tires he's willing to sell for 400, would I need to get them mounted and balanced or no?
Thanks
Justin

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well if the tires are good then no you wouldn't need them mounted since the tires are already on the wheels...balanced i would go ahead and have done. you don't know how far off they are right now and i like a smooth ride. $400 though is a bit high for oem wheels used...unless the tires are almost new

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks. He had them at 500, and that was just way to high. Ill see if he'll take 350cash when I go and pick them up.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
What'd ya find out

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy sold them....but, someone who follows me on Instagram @jconstant he has the same color stang as I do, he's thinking about trading it in for a more economical car...so I said want to swap tires and rims before you trade it in? He lives 400miles away in Northern California, I told him, meet me halfway, and ill pay you for your gas...seems fair enough for 18's chrome OEM's on pirellis...

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Thejustang said:
The guy sold them....but, someone who follows me on Instagram @jconstant he has the same color stang as I do, he's thinking about trading it in for a more economical car...so I said want to swap tires and rims before you trade it in? He lives 400miles away in Northern California, I told him, meet me halfway, and ill pay you for your gas...seems fair enough for 18's chrome OEM's on pirellis...
Sounds badass to me! Hope that one doesn't fall through for you!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
They the Bullitt premium polished 18s

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I bought 3 of them thinking I could find a fourth. Everyone wanted as much for one that I paid for 3. I ended up buying new Chrome ones. Nothing,imo, looks better than a polished wheel when cleaned. I still have them if you can find a fourth, but the shipping would probably kill ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts