Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my names kc I'm new on this forum. I've had my stang for almost 2 years its a 95 GT car 103k miles , auto with 4.10s , b&m shift kit , and k&n cai I am buying a dd soon and wanna make this my project/street car what r some other good mods to start out with ?? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome!
:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have one other pic of it.but I will take some more. I hhave been reading on this forum for a while always find good info on here. And yes I have my buddy has a 94 cobra he had a custom tune done on his car has said good things about it. Wats the price range on Tht kind of stuff?

·
Registered
38 Posts
How's that tranny. I wanna know about your tranny. I have 94 gt 4.10 gears. Aode/built. Im at the same crossroads. You have mod stall converter?

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

SCT eliminator chip like 300$. You need it if your gonna mod your engine or tranny. I did A little shopping your limited on chips you can buy for obd1 5.0. SCT I believe is more tune able than the other ones.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's holding up ok I thought maybe I was running into issues but the tranny was just in need of a service. It's just the stock aode besides the shift kit. I'm sure the gear will eventually take its toll but ill cross Tht road when I get there I guess. I heard a 2500 stall is a good choice Wats ur take? This will be one of the next things I do.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

And yea Thts Wat I heard I want a good tune especially for my tranny I will check with the local performance garage on exact pricing but thanks man :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes I have a 2500. Gonna learn more about my tranny by the guy that built it for me soon. I had to with the 4.10s. I ate it up. 2.5 bottles of Lucas held her up for 3 years. Gotta get my chip tuned so she shifts right with the tourque converter. Which sucks I have to ripp it out I just installed that too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use Lucas with every service its good stuff man I wanted to do a complete flush but I heard Tht it could do more harm than good. I plan on getting the stall and a few bolt ons come tax time I have a set of gt40p heads in the garage. I'm waiting to put them on because I still have stock headers and if I'm not mistaken they are only applicable with certain headers. Plus im wanting to get my daily driver which will be soon lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah this ain't my daly driver but my preferred driver. If I'm not haulin stuff I'm drivin it. Gt40 heads uh. I thinkin about getting a second engine to really upgrade and take my sweet time and money. With only orig 60k I just wanna max my performance with this stock motor. Intake and cam is prob as far as I'll go. But I'm probably lieing. Goin suspension/chassis

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kool deal man wat kind of cam and brand intake r u planning on getting? I've heard a lot of ppl going with the e303 cam with trickflow heads and intake.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

And wow 60k all original Thts really hard to find most of the sn95 5.0s and fox bodies I kno have been runned to death or dont have the original powertrain lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep she's got all matching numbers. With low miles. Suspension was fried from all the sitting in a garage but I've been upgrading slowly. Don't know which cam or intake, but you gave me an idea. E303 cam and trickflow intAke. I don't know about heads. Already have bbk shorties on. IDE have to be inspired to go that far. Then just the whole thing. Oil pan, k member, crank,.. Screw it. Go to a 2005 svt swap

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Welcome aboard KC!

This thread should really be in the introduction forums, so I'm moving it there.
Come back to the 79-95 forums for any technical questions or discussions. :good:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha this might sound dumb but could u fill me in on Wat exactly the 05 svt swap is? I'm quite intrigued lol and thanks glad to be a part of it :)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Haha this might sound dumb but could u fill me in on Wat exactly the 05 svt swap is? I'm quite intrigued lol and thanks glad to be a part of it :)
I suppose he is talking about swapping an 05 SVT engine into the car. :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts