Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the owner of a 1970 mustang coupe. 302 motor, auto. I unloaded it from the trailer and now it won't crank. Turns out it is the neutral safety switch by the transmission. The exhaust fried the wires and I have to get a new one. No big deal. My problem with this car is that the lights don't work. Not a single

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

*iphone problems. Anyway, no lights work at all and I'm wondering if I replace the brake, headlight, and turn signal switches and fuses it will fix it. I don't know a whole lot about the old mustangs as I do the new. So where is a good way to diagnose the problem before I have to spend all the money when I really don't have to?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the culprit last night. It was the wire going from the hot side on the cylinoid to the inside of the car. Replaced two fuses and jiggled it. Now all my lights work and it cranks and drives like it used to. Now the next question/task is how to get the gauges to work and to replace the 40+ year old wire. I used a test light last night and its a time saver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts