Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current phone is on the way out, time for a new one. I kinda geek out about tech. What's everyone rocking?

Phone I just picked up is the Honor Play. $280 shipped plus $11 case. Flagship chipset, 4GB ram, 6.3" screen, all the bells and whistles. Was between the Honor Play and the Xaiomi Pocophone F1 but the Honor is better built, has NFC and doesn't have DRM issues.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got it. And it ****ing hauls ***. The funny thing is my old phone wasnt broke, it was the 4 year old microsd card because as soon as I tried to put it in the new phone it told me to toss off. And now the old phone is working fine on wifi with no sim or sd card lol. Oh well needed to upgrade anyway. Flagship chipset makes it every bit as fast as my wife's Pixel 2 XL plus the screen is larger and the device itself is thinner with almost 0 bezel.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I still have my Note 4, best smartphone ever. Replaceable battery, SD storage, perfect size for me, nice screen, built like a tank and still decently powerful. Whenever this one takes a dump, I will probably replace it with another one. I like tech but I despise smartphones ... well, more the users than anything else. Also not a fan of the planned obsolescence model in smartphones.

Being in the IT field, my professional opinion is that in general, smarter phones make for dumber people.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I just traded in my iPhone 7 for a 7 Plus at the Apple store. They gave me $250 trade in on my old phone which was MUCH better than what the Verizon store offered me. I really like the new size and heft of the bigger phone, and the larger battery is lasting forever compared to the smaller 7. Also, much better speakers, and bigger keyboard are appreciated.
I don’t spend all day staring at my phone, so the brand new models (at $1,000 or higher) attracted me not at all.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yuck iCrap... Lol.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I just traded in my iPhone 7 for a 7 Plus at the Apple store. They gave me $250 trade in on my old phone which was MUCH better than what the Verizon store offered me. I really like the new size and heft of the bigger phone, and the larger battery is lasting forever compared to the smaller 7. Also, much better speakers, and bigger keyboard are appreciated.
I don’t spend all day staring at my phone, so the brand new models (at $1,000 or higher) attracted me not at all.
I'm still running my 4S on ios 6. Like you, it does what I need. I'd rather have a smaller phone that I can slip in a front pants pocket. I can still see the factory fonts. 54 and no glasses yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still amazed how small these new phone with large screens are. I keep thinking this Honor Play is smaller than my last phone or my wife's Pixel 2 XL. Then I hold it up next to them and see the bigger screen. This 6.3" phone fits in my pocket super easy.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I'm still amazed how small these new phone with large screens are. I keep thinking this Honor Play is smaller than my last phone or my wife's Pixel 2 XL. Then I hold it up next to them and see the bigger screen. This 6.3" phone fits in my pocket super easy.
From what I read, don’t say or do anything on your Huawei phone that you don’t want the Chinese to know......:hide:....LOL
I have an IPad Pro as well, so it is really nice to have the two linked, and anything I do on the phone appears automatically on the ipad, and visa-versa..........apps, pics, etc. are all shared without doing anything more.......

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I read, don’t say or do anything on your Huawei phone that you don’t want the Chinese to know......:hide:....LOL
I have an IPad Pro as well, so it is really nice to have the two linked, and anything I do on the phone appears automatically on the ipad, and visa-versa..........apps, pics, etc. are all shared without doing anything more.......
I did a lot of reading on it. It's a non issue. If it did turn out to have any merit id just root it and load a custom rom. Anyone with a FB profile has their data mined like crazy anyway.

·
Registered
318 Posts
From what I read, don’t say or do anything on your Huawei phone that you don’t want the Chinese to know......:hide:....LOL.
If what you are saying is true it would be true for most any phone. I don't think you can buy a phone these days that doesn't come from China. iPhones and Samsung phones are made side buy side in the same factory in China.

Dave

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I’ve had the same iPhone 6 my company gave me 4 years ago. Never had a problem with it. Never understood the iPhone hate.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I’ve had the same iPhone 6 my company gave me 4 years ago. Never had a problem with it. Never understood the iPhone hate.
Yeah, me neither....the Chinese can take an iPhone apart, mimic/make the parts with $1 a day labor, then sell the phone for 1/3 the price. I wonder if people would be as enthusiastic if the Chinese copied the Mustang bolt for bolt, then sold a loaded GT here for $20,000......:lol:

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's more the fanboys and the fact that apple charges more for devices with lower hardware specs.

That said if you like using iOS you like using iOS.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yeah, me neither....the Chinese can take an iPhone apart, mimic/make the parts with $1 a day labor, then sell the phone for 1/3 the price. I wonder if people would be as enthusiastic if the Chinese copied the Mustang bolt for bolt, then sold a loaded GT here for $20,000......:lol:

Russia's Aviar Motors is selling a knockoff Stang now:
840hp, AWD, electric ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1550471182.793458.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch 7 beta using Mustang Evolution

·
Lorraine's driver
8,167 Posts
I don't understand it either. I've had an iPhone back to a iPhone 3G. I've got an 8 plus now. My wife has my 6 plus when I went to a 6s. I gave that one to my son when I went to the 8 plus. I had a windows phone and then an android phone from work and hated them both. Iphones were always so much faster and just an overall nice experience and I really never cared about cost or saving a buck when it comes to something I use daily. The cameras on all of the new phones these days are incredible, but I just like how Apple does all of their devices. not sure if I'll go with whatever comes out this fall or if I'll get a 10r. Anymore, I don't need the top of the line because other models perform so well. I am interested in OLED though, so we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just don't get Apple because 1 - they overprice their devices like crazy, 2 - they are 1-2 years behind Android phones tech wise and 3 - they are way locked down/proprietary.

My phone was $275. Has a screen as good as any phone, Flagship processor, fully unlocked, great camera, plays games awesome and has every single feature I want. Ppl can pay $1000 for the newest Apple or Samsung...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My phone is free, so, I like IPhones...lol. Had an android before. Never liked it. Took too long to turn on, constantly freezing up, low battery life....to each his own.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My phone is free, so, I like IPhones...lol. Had an android before. Never liked it. Took too long to turn on, constantly freezing up, low battery life....to each his own.
Well, here you go:
the new Energizer Android phone:
50-day battery life, 7 only 7x the size of the iPhone :thumb:

...now if i could post a pic...

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

1 - 20 of 22 Posts