Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
IMO, it kinda has a challenger feel to it, with the overall shape of it. I can't judge to much, since a lot of it is covered, but I can say that i'm not disappointed.

Original article.
[New Spy Pics 4/12]: 2015 Mustang s550 Prototype Now With Covered Production Body? - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (6th Generation Platform) - Mustang6G.com
Finally some news... man these guys keep a good secret :) I'm hoping for a bigger redesign than what this is showing tho. Looks to be the same relative size/shape.

Hope the leaks keep coming....

·
Registered
20 Posts

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Muscle car look definitely. Long hood, agressive stance. Evo-esque front.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Bigger rear seat windows

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've modified an original Evos concept sketch and colored it a bit so we can see the volumes. I think it might look like this, according to these spy photos.
Haha, ideas like this make me laugh. Guys, no matter how much they change the mustang, it isn't going to look like a Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. Sketches are laughable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Haha, ideas like this make me laugh. Guys, no matter how much they change the mustang, it isn't going to look like a Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. Sketches are laughable.
I think if you get rid of the 26in wheels and some of the shading on the sides the overall shape isn't as extreme as you make it seem. But yeah sketches are typically way too imaginative.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Overall body shape looks similar to the current, imo. If that's the case, not sure I'd trade in my 12. Not for a few years anyway when I need a new one. If this is it then it looks like I'll be disappointed. Not to say I'm going to hate or even dislike it. I may love it, but it doesn't look to be the radical change I was expecting. Looks like a new front and rear bumpers are slapped on the s197. I'll wait for more pics and the finished design though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When you're sketching a car, you're trying to exagerate every aspecto so the picture has some character. You like this better, do you?

We (I say we because I'm studying product design) tend to exagerate the main features of any design, or make them more appealing than they will finaly be. This way our brain appreciates better the differences between for example two saloon cars.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, what you have to realize is that this may be a throw off of the actual shape. Look at the front bumper/wheel-well. The camo does not look flush with it, so my bet would be that they have some type of framework under the camo to give it a false shape, to throw people off. All the picture really confirms is that it will have 4 wheels... Also, the tires it's using are really strange, they look like racing tires imo

·
Registered
285 Posts
When you're sketching a car, you're trying to exagerate every aspecto so the picture has some character. You like this better, do you?

We (I say we because I'm studying product design) tend to exagerate the main features of any design, or make them more appealing than they will finaly be. This way our brain appreciates better the differences between for example two saloon cars.
If this was the layout (or close to it), yes, I'd be happier. There are drugs to take to have the imagination create the concept drawn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If this was the layout (or close to it), yes, I'd be happier. There are drugs to take to have the imagination create the concept drawn.
Well, you might like an objective drawing, but I bet you won't sell the same idea using those instead of an emotional sketch. Also remember a sketch doesn't represent the final product, just gives you an impression of what's going to look like: The "character" of the car. So It has to be drawn this way. Our mind takes those shapes and acomodates them to the mental representation that we have of a certain object. For example when you see a stretched picture of a bike, even if the wheels are objectively just very wide ovals, our brain percieves them as perfect circles because we tend to acomodate what we see to our belief systems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also, what you have to realize is that this may be a throw off of the actual shape. Look at the front bumper/wheel-well. The camo does not look flush with it, so my bet would be that they have some type of framework under the camo to give it a false shape, to throw people off. All the picture really confirms is that it will have 4 wheels... Also, the tires it's using are really strange, they look like racing tires imo
Right, there could be all kinds of false body and cladding underneath the cover.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There's also the possibility that the s197 body is a close enough fit to the new chassis that they are using a modified body. GM did all sorts of testing on the Volt with an older Malabo body. Not that this is the same but if it is dramatically different what's better then using a completely different body to throw off speculation? Cool sketch btw! Love the wider euro look, but think I'd stick with my 13...

1 - 20 of 130 Posts