Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, everyones been giving me small hints that p&p my intakes myself wouldnt really be worth the hassal. Especially with my novice experiance. So, I have been thinking, If I can make the money by summer, given that a get a job, I want to get something similar to the stage 3 powerpak at supersixmotorsports. I have given this alot of though... So what was just a spacer install has turned into a all out engine upgrade!! I dont know exactly where im going to get it at, but I know I want heads equivelent to the superheads at supersix, and the fully ported upper and lower intake, as well as a new cam. I pretty sure good springs come with the heads. Then I will get the installation kit (gaskets, sealants, bolts)
With the help of some family and friends, a good garage, and alot of time, I will be doing the job my self. I have been applying at different job sites alot lately. Still no returned calls though. I really need a decent job if im going to do this... hopefully and God willing, I will get a good (part time) job soon.

If you have any Qs or suggestions, please post em!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
well if your gonna pull the heads why dont you pull the block and change the crank and cam too? roller timing chain wouldnt hurt either

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
www.extremeffect.com is a sponsor of this site's and they have the same things as SSM's power pack, but more affordable

·
Registered
567 Posts
plstktnkr2 said:
well if your gonna pull the heads why dont you pull the block and change the crank and cam too? roller timing chain wouldnt hurt either
what? how does pullin the heads have anything to do with getting a new bottom end???? :-?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well most of the electrical headache will be done (inlectors ,wiring, sensors.. well most of them, hell there isnt much left of the motor after that) the only stuff left are the mount bolts, converter bolts(if auto) and block bolts . (tranny stays in car)Your still draing coolant and oil anyway. since your late model stang uses the same rods( I think) change pistons and crank and you got a 4.2 (if your engine is internally balanced, and if not its 2 more parts) The lesson here is pulling heads are a pain but pulling lower end not much more of a pain for a bigger gain.

Even if its your labor it still costs more to do it twice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what your saying is that I should just overhaul my engine? If I do decide to do something similar to this, it might be a considerably longer time to have to wait! Like prolly a extra year or so.... :( Doesnt most of the stroker kits go for like $1200+?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey If you are serious about this I have my set-up for sale thats all brand new that will put you well over the hp of the supersix kit for single port. I am buying a bike so I won't be installing my new motor.

I have sheetmetal upper, cam,pushrods,rockers, big valve heads, LT headers, bulletproof forged shortblock etc. Good for handling 450+rwhp.

E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just emailed ya... :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts