Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have just bought my airaid intake which comes in the mail in 1 more day! Can't wait for that.
But I'm not to sure what I should buy for my mustang next?
I wanted to buy the MCA grille/louvers for my mustang, but then my friend said buy a tuner, I'm not sure what I should do? Any suggestions welcomed. I have a 2011 v6.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Well you won't be disappointed in the intake! But if you get the tune and you have a warranty it will be voided. But the airraid with a race tune gets you about 35 HP. Or get axle backs and you will really benefit!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well i have just bought my airaid intake which comes in the mail in 1 more day! Can't wait for that.
But I'm not to sure what I should buy for my mustang next?
I wanted to buy the MCA grille/louvers for my mustang, but then my friend said buy a tuner, I'm not sure what I should do? Any suggestions welcomed. I have a 2011 v6.
if you going to be going speed above 135 on a close course you should get a drive shaft

·
Registered
203 Posts
What about gears?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Tip on installing the Airaid

The instructions will show putting the coupler onto the air tube and then installing the assembly onto the throttle body. I could not get it to go on that way. I just went and put the coupler on to the throttle body first and then the air tube went on a whole lot easier. I installed everything dry so as not to contaminate the air sensors.
And this is important. Disconnect the battery when installing the CAI doing this allows the computer to adjust for the increased better airflow the Airaid will give your engine. You will notice better throttle response right away.

Your gonna love the way it looks every time you pop the hood.

Ronnie

·
Registered
95 Posts
The instructions will show putting the coupler onto the air tube and then installing the assembly onto the throttle body. I could not get it to go on that way. I just went and put the coupler on to the throttle body first and then the air tube went on a whole lot easier. I installed everything dry so as not to contaminate the air sensors.
And this is important. Disconnect the battery when installing the CAI doing this allows the computer to adjust for the increased better airflow the Airaid will give your engine. You will notice better throttle response right away.

Your gonna love the way it looks every time you pop the hood.

Ronnie
What if u didn't disconnect ur battery?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Disconnect it.

It is sooooo easy a stupid caveman can even do it.

It will reset your computer to take advantage of the increased air flow.
Just because someone else did not do it does not mean you should be lazy too.

Ronnie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts