Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just got my 1st of 4 rims today, I am piecing them together rather then buying a complete set that's ready to go, it's not in my budget to go and spend $2500 on rims and tires, any how I am waiting till the tires on my current wheels are ready to be replaced. I am trying to figure out what the best tire for these rims will be, 275/40 is the recommended size but I would like to go a bit wider, I'm worried about rubbing in the front so any knowledge would be great on this. They are 19 x 9 1/2 RTR's. I can't wait to put them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Ok so I just got my 1st of 4 rims today, I am piecing them together rather then buying a complete set that's ready to go, it's not in my budget to go and spend $2500 on rims and tires, any how I am waiting till the tires on my current wheels are ready to be replaced. I am trying to figure out what the best tire for these rims will be, 275/40 is the recommended size but I would like to go a bit wider, I'm worried about rubbing in the front so any knowledge would be great on this. They are 19 x 9 1/2 RTR's. I can't wait to put them on.
Bad ass , going to look sweet,

Make sure to use a wide rear tire !

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
New rim*

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Awesome

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I really like the RTR, they are $300 each on American Muscle.com but I got it for $289 with our forum discount. I just want to make sure I find the perfect tire for them, so many choices lol. After the wheels go on then it's on to the brakes next.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Are you going 19 x 9 1/2 all around or are you going to have 19x10 out back

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The AMR wheel is EXACTLY the same and is way cheaper. Any differences between them?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you going 19 x 9 1/2 all around or are you going to have 19x10 out back
I thought about going staggered, I decided to go with the same size all around so I can rotate the tires and save a little money down the road, I figured a 275 would look more meaty then a 245 so that will be fine, that's just me.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I thought about going staggered, I decided to go with the same size all around so I can rotate the tires and save a little money down the road, I figured a 275 would look more meaty then a 245 so that will be fine, that's just me.
275 is just fine for 9.5s. Will look great.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Very nice! Those should make a big difference

·
Registered
515 Posts
The AMR wheel is EXACTLY the same and is way cheaper. Any differences between them?
They are different in the way of powdercoating and where exactly they're made. AM wheels powdercoating uses only one coat (doesn't fully coat the entire wheel) to RTR's 2-3 coats and covers the whole wheel.

AM wheels are made by wheel replica's, its a contract between the two companies. Also the offset is different. On RTR's its not safe to run anything bigger than a 285 on the rears due to the 33mm offset. This is why I run the avant garde M310's which are a 40mm offset, are cheaper and you can run a bigger tire without the worry of rubbing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They are different in the way of powdercoating and where exactly they're made. AM wheels powdercoating uses only one coat (doesn't fully coat the entire wheel) to RTR's 2-3 coats and covers the whole wheel.

AM wheels are made by wheel replica's, its a contract between the two companies. Also the offset is different. On RTR's its not safe to run anything bigger than a 285 on the rears due to the 33mm offset. This is why I run the avant garde M310's which are a 40mm offset, are cheaper and you can run a bigger tire without the worry of rubbing.
That's good info, I was wondering how wide of a tire I could go with that offset. This is why I love this site, you read all of what people talk about and know, and pick up some good info along the way. I didn't know about the powder coating between the two which is one of the reasons the AM wheels are a bit cheaper. Good stuff thanks everyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts