Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put my Roush AB man I.didn't even imagine it would sound like this I.had 40 series flowmasters on my 10 gt they sound like **** compared to these when u.get on it automatic smile

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw man I can only imagine it only took me and my bro bout 45 min Hell most of the time was getting the old ones off

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I love mine. I am adding the Boss Quad exhaust later this week ... "nasty" will soon turn "x-rated".
Man that is going to be so nasty, you're going to get a ticket for public indecency! Are you taking out the plates in it or keeping them in?

Aw man I can only imagine it only took me and my bro bout 45 min Hell most of the time was getting the old ones off
I always have a harder time getting them back in. I can pop axlebacks off in about 10-15 mins at this point, but the drivers side always gives me a hard time getting it off. Also, call me crazy, but I think this is easier on ramps than on a lift. I've done the job both ways and the lift makes it worse since it's hard to apply the needed lateral force over your head.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I have off road xpipe and roush mufflers and it already seems to be getting quiet to me lol

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

sounds great though, you can check my sig for vids

·
Registered
453 Posts
4k miles on my Roush axelbacks and never seen a drop of rain.......they are rusting.
Where are they rusting? Any place specific? I have read some people having corrosion issues ... but not everyone so it seems a little inconsistent.

Mine look OK so far (8400 miles) but I will check them again when I am under the car this weekend.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What is a good product to put on them to keep them from rusting? Can you apply after install?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
What is a good product to put on them to keep them from rusting? Can you apply after install?
I've seen this issue on The Mustang Source... its another forum, I think these were the early builds and u do get warranty from Roush for this. If it does rust, it happens in the welds, nothing u can do to prevent it

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Smoke said:
just put my Roush AB man I.didn't even imagine it would sound like this I.had 40 series flowmasters on my 10 gt they sound like **** compared to these when u.get on it automatic smile
I heard someone use a good analogy for the roush axle back at WOT. The quote was something like " sounds like a red neck high tailing it to the Mexican border". It was in reference to the sound being too distorted at WOT. It made me laugh for sure, I hope my borlas don't sound like that : (

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I love the sound but after my LTs,O.R. X and Boss intake install I may be looking for another axekback.
What kinda power/ETs are you getting with that combo. PM me and delete this if you don't want to drag this off topic, but I'm curious. I was also running Boss IM/OR-X/Roush axlebacks and it was bonkers loud. I'm sure LTs added a few DB to the mix...

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
What kinda power/ETs are you getting with that combo. PM me and delete this if you don't want to drag this off topic, but I'm curious. I was also running Boss IM/OR-X/Roush axlebacks and it was bonkers loud. I'm sure LTs added a few DB to the mix...
Install will be in a couple weeks. I have some work to do on the intake before putting it on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts