Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you going to work on a new look for your site? I have a lot of trouble navigating. Too colorful and too much clutter. I'll redo it for you!

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is the very first time I have ever heard someone say that the site is hard to navigate.
:-?
But to answer the question, our site has gone through a number of small changes and a few big ones. And I don't think any more changes are on the way anytime soon. At least I hope not because everytime they change it, it causes me a big headache.

Please explain the navigation issue more. I think our site is one of the easiest to navigate through. Any part you can imagine is no more 3 clicks away.
And that is counting the initial entry page.

Main menu on the side, sub menu on top.

I like good critisism though.
Thanks for the feedback be it good or bad.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I'll provide some examples of what I mean a little later (at work now). Just some friendly criticism, nothing bad! :) I like your business as a whole!

I think mainly it's just the colors...too much going on there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disclaimer, these are my opinions and I totally respect that they are simply opinions. I'm more "anal" than most because I do this for a living. :D I respect even more the fact that you are a fellow business owner! 8)

1. Your links on the left of the screen ("Parts & Acc", "3.8", etc..) are the same colors and tempplates of your page content headers(other than the text color). This leaves very little distinction between what is a link and what is just a heading.

2. Also the headers on the left column (example "Tools & Misc) look like links themselves when in fact they are just labels. Different color or something would set them off as "categories" with appropriate links under them

3. Your header has links, then the "Extreme Effects" Logo, then more links. Maybe just put your logo, then underneath it, list all your links. Much easier to see all your links clearly. A user may not really pay attention to the links above your logo + the links above and below the logo are different sizes

4. Content, then in the middle pictures with links, then more content on the right. Just doesn't quite flow. Maybe content, and down the right side of the page, have all your "specials" or such

5. Colors...whoa. Too much neon going on.

This is just the opening page. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts