Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the throttle body or the spacer thats for sale on AM.
Three questions...
How does the spacer add HP & throttle response when it just lengthens the origional body by an inch or two?
Any video that shows the whistling? Obviously I don't want it to annoy the crap out of me.
Or should i just go with a new throttle body? Can't the two be used together?

·
Premium Member
5,416 Posts
Don't get the spacer.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Save your money....these spacers do not improve performance on the 3.7 to make it worth the money.

And a larger throttle body will require a larger intake tube/air cleaner, and exhaust that breathes better plus a tuner to make that worth the price of the throttle body. By itself, it will do nothing over stock, as the stock tune and air cleaner setup will restrict its potential.

Start with the exhaust, a tuner, then consider the larger throttle body.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
I went back to edit my post, but your response beat me!

And a larger throttle body will require a larger intake tube/air cleaner, and exhaust that breathes better plus a tuner to make that worth the price of the throttle body. By itself, it will do nothing over stock, as the stock tune and air cleaner setup will restrict its potential.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went back to edit my post, but your response beat me!

Already got a tuner & CAI.
Was looking at the cermanic headers....

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Already got a tuner & CAI.
Was looking at the cermanic headers....
What type/brand CAI? Did it come as a package with the tuner? If so, it should work with the larger throttle body, should you go that route. Be sure your exhaust is upgraded as well to take advantage of more air the larger throttle body can flow. Just because a throttle body is rated for a larger flow doesn't mean it will with an existing setup.

Think of an engine as an air pump. More air in requires that the air can get out easily. The tuner adjusts for this more air (and fuel), as well as a free flowing exhaust, and adjusts the timing to take advantage of this.

You may even need to have a custom tune built for this arrangement. Contact the esablishment that manufactured the tuner to see if hey have a custom tune for what you want to do. Or maybe the tuner you have already has a tune for this possible setup?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts