Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to the track, my previous best was 16.857 and In my first run of the day I pulled off a 16.43. Finally a couple runs later I managed to get a 16.354. So it was a great day at the track for me :D

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
not bad for a v6 auto!

did you happen to strip your system out before running? or did you run as you would on the street?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ran as I would on the street

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
get gears and get your 60s down to 2.2s if you can gears = half second probably off your times.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is odd that you went down 4/10 of a second and eventually 1/2 a second. What is different this time from last? Any new mods? Weather difference? Good runs anyway and I agree, get your 60ft. times down and it'll help you out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
red herring said:
That is odd that you went down 4/10 of a second and eventually 1/2 a second. What is different this time from last? Any new mods? Weather difference? Good runs anyway and I agree, get your 60ft. times down and it'll help you out.
only new mods of any sort was 2 cats cut off and the weather was better than the last time I went.

·
Registered
298 Posts
auto6banger said:
only new mods of any sort was 2 cats cut off and the weather was better than the last time I went.
Wow, very nice weather makes a huge difference. What is the elevation of the track you ran, just out of curiosity. Texas is relatively low isn't it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
red herring said:
Wow, very nice weather makes a huge difference. What is the elevation of the track you ran, just out of curiosity. Texas is relatively low isn't it?
Not really sure I think it might be 600ft

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya 4 tenths is great. Get the gears & your E.T.'s should be a second faster than your first runs. :) I went from a 14.3 to a 13.8 when I got my gears. (first mod)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Js281GT said:
Ya 4 tenths is great. Get the gears & your E.T.'s should be a second faster than your first runs. :) I went from a 14.3 to a 13.8 when I got my gears. (first mod)
What gears did you start out with? You are auto or manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
14.01 here with 75hp n20 added

.445 reaction time, 1.8 60 ft, 8.9 -1/8 mile without stripping the car and with 17x11 cobrachrome wheels...

·
Registered
517 Posts
red herring said:
What gears did you start out with? You are auto or manual?
3:73's & it's a manual

·
Registered
517 Posts
No, I havnt done 12's yet. Just a 13.4, I want to take it to pamona. Iheard it is like half a second quicker.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Js281GT said:
No, I havnt done 12's yet. Just a 13.4, I want to take it to pamona. Iheard it is like half a second quicker.
That's what I hear too so is that 12.92 adjusted or what? LACR is supposed to be the worst track but it's still cool cause you can run so many times and get a lot of practice in for cheap. Then you can take it to another track if you want bragging rights about times.

·
Registered
517 Posts
red herring said:
That's what I hear too so is that 12.92 adjusted or what? LACR is supposed to be the worst track but it's still cool cause you can run so many times and get a lot of practice in for cheap. Then you can take it to another track if you want bragging rights about times.
Exactly it is corrected times. Once I know I can get in the 12's, i will go to pamona. I did a 12.92 on my friends Gtech. That was here in Camarillo at perfect Altitude on a really really cold day.

·
Registered
517 Posts
red herring said:

·
Registered
517 Posts
lol, don't you agree?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts