Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I met with a great Mechanic (salute to Mission Motors in Arlington WA) who told me clearly its a toe -alignment problem because of the wear pattern. Have an appt with Ford dealer and hope to get warranty applied for a new set of tires. Even performance tires should not wear that way. If I put a new set on the same thing would happen. Might as well fix the root cause and then put some decent tires on. Many thanks to the fine folks here who offered input.
Good luck on the warranty claim......there is no way they are going to guarantee and replace your tires. They will realign the car under warranty up to, I think, 12,000 miles. It is not Ford’s fault if one of their customers hits a pothole or something that affects alignment and tire wear after that......not saying that happened to you, but Ford could not afford to be replacing customer’s tires with as bad as some of our roads are.....

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Good luck on the warranty claim......there is no way they are going to guarantee and replace your tires. They will realign the car under warranty up to, I think, 12,000 miles. It is not Ford’s fault if one of their customers hits a pothole or something that affects alignment and tire wear after that......not saying that happened to you, but Ford could not afford to be replacing customer’s tires with as bad as some of our roads are.....
+1
No chance he's getting new tires under warranty.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

21 - 22 of 22 Posts