Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is finally time to get new tires for my 2011 gt500 with svt performance pack. The last part makes tires a little tricky. I need all season tires because this is my daily driver, but in the south so I am not worried about snow. The stock tires are 265/40/19 and 285/35/20. With over 550 hp I need something that is sticky but I would like something with decent treadware if that's possible. Any help or opinions are GREATLY appreciated. I am not a fan of the stock f1 supercar g2s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
It is finally time to get new tires for my 2011 gt500 with svt performance pack. The last part makes tires a little tricky. I need all season tires because this is my daily driver, but in the south so I am not worried about snow. The stock tires are 265/40/19 and 285/35/20. With over 550 hp I need something that is sticky but I would like something with decent treadware if that's possible. Any help or opinions are GREATLY appreciated. I am not a fan of the stock f1 supercar g2s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
No personal experience with these but the sound pretty good for all season tires.

Michelin
PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ (W- OR Y-SPEED RATED) (comes in your sizes)

BFGoodrich
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S

·
Registered
582 Posts
A car with that much power really deserves separate summer and winter tires. I HIGHLY suggest picking up a set of cheap wheels to throw some winter tires on. If you can afford a GT500 you should be able to afford winter wheels/tires.

But...
The michelin A/S3, continental DWS, or BFG comp-2s are the best all seasons out there. Just keep in mind, all-seasons are really "no-seasons" and aren't that great at anything. I'd stick to stock sizes regardless.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Agree with the separate wheels and tires for winter. But if he doesn't track it :shrug:

·
Lorraine's driver
8,213 Posts
BFGoodrich
G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S
I've had the summer tire version of ^those. Good tires IMO. They run just a little bigger than most, so they may look a little plump compared to maybe a Nitto of the same size. I would have bought these for myself if I was looking for all season tires based on how well they drove in the rain as summer tires. :2cents:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking at the Michelin pilot sport as 3+, does anyone have any experience with these? As far as winter tires, where I live never gets snow and rarely sees ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put on them on my 3.7 in October also. Live in Wisconsin and use them daily. So far I'm in love.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

1 - 8 of 8 Posts