Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-d3s put on. :headbang: these are the best tires ever. The ride is Amazing my car feels like a BMW even up to 115......on the track of course, and i still havent even chirped them or made them squeel from a 3k launch. I HIGHLY recomend these things, these are the most important part of your car why not make them the best.

·
Registered
567 Posts
sound nice.. 255/45 is kinda small for a 9" rim tho...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thats about max for an 8" rim, you can go to a 275/40 with 9" rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Goodyears are not the best stuff out there. Having worked at discount tire, we often had problems with them. They tend to grip well initially, but then quickly lose the grip. Bridgestones and BFGs are much better tires, not to mention Michelin. But hey, if those make you comfortable, go with them.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You wont like the F1 tread life. My friend Don with the 03 Cobra is near 50 and does not abuse his car at all could not get a year on his F1 tires and he had problems with traction. Unless you have deep pockets autocrossing with them might get you 4 months before changing.

I will have to say I am impressed with Michelin Z rated tires. all my cars have had Michelins. Oh and one other thing for all weather nothing beats Michelins They save my wifes life one time in a rain storm. Most tires would have hydroplaned and the 626 stayed glued to the ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
to bad they dont make thos for the stock rims that come on our cars!

·
Registered
6 Posts
**** i would love to have a pair but dont wanna buy new rims

1 - 12 of 12 Posts