Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm ganna be buying new back tires soon...I want sum big beefy street tires. What do u guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nittos NT555, they bite like a dinosaur.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
03whitey said:
275 40 mickey thompsons
Streets or drags?
How much?

·
Registered
779 Posts
555 Will slip and slide like a water slide..

555R DRAG RADIALs will Give good Hooking needs

Ive heard bad things about Mickythompson..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have sticky mickeys and it was rainin outside, i heated my tires up and took off it barked 1-3 on we a$$ road lol so nothing bad from my mickeys!

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Wet**

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Slow2V said:
555 Will slip and slide like a water slide..
Maybe if your laying down big numbers but not for me, im putting down about 300 and launch around 2 2 1/2 tops spins yes but hooks real quick.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just had bolt ons and I would spin alot at the drag strip.. Idle launching

I used 555 Nittos as a drifting tire ..
Slide alot and good for sliding around corners.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've never had any luck out of nittos, 555r or the nt05r.... I've had great luck out of Mickey Thompson et's... But I've heard great things about Hoosiers and also m&h racemaster drag radials.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mickey thompsons are clearly one of the best out there, all the guys who drag race with radials are running mickey thompson e/t streets... Hmm i wonder why? Cause they hook!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Slow2V said:
I just had bolt ons and I would spin alot at the drag strip.. Idle launching

I used 555 Nittos as a drifting tire ..
Slide alot and good for sliding around corners.
Ah at the strip, only a few street pulls here. Whole nother story at the strip

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

03whitey said:
Mickey thompsons are clearly one of the best out there, all the guys who drag race with radials are running mickey thompson e/t streets... Hmm i wonder why? Cause they hook!
03whitey said:
That white car, thats my buddies car hes running mickey thompsons.... So......
Ja no kidding, MT booyeah

·
Registered
535 Posts
I feel sacrilegious suggesting bf Goodrich g-force sport comps, haha. They have never given me problems. I really have to mash the gas and try and spin the tires if I want them to slip. They hook great for me in the rain too, but I haven't used them at the strip so others may call them garbage. I have done road racing and winding mountain runs and they handled great.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If he wants a tire that will hook decently at the track or where ever the best choice is a drag radial, but if he hardly goes to the track and wants a tire that will last over 20,000 miles then he will have to do some research for a soft compound street tire like a toyo proxy or the nitto invo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts