Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new.. Ordered this car in Afghanistan and got it when I came back a month ago.. Just broke 1000 miles driving to Virginia and finally posting to a forum... I want to install leather seats anyone know how easy they would be from roush overstock on eBay? Do they come with instructions? Here are some pics.. With no experience can I possibly install a catback or just mufflers? What about CAI? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
for the seats no clue...if they use the same brackets it should be a simple bolt in.

for the exhaust if it's one made for the car then that's easy enough if you can either get the car on stands or a lift...i did the exhaust on my old GT on some stands myself with basic hand tools because it was just unbolting stock and bolting up the new catback. for the CAI it's one of the easiest mods to do....now i know s197s really need a tune after a CAI...i'm not sure on the 3.7s so maybe someone can chime in that has one

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Aruiz42 said:
Hey I'm new.. Ordered this car in Afghanistan and got it when I came back a month ago.. Just broke 1000 miles driving to Virginia and finally posting to a forum... I want to install leather seats anyone know how easy they would be from roush overstock on eBay? Do they come with instructions? Here are some pics.. With no experience can I possibly install a catback or just mufflers? What about CAI? Thanks!
Well sir first off lemme say, congrats on the new car, and secondly if u were serving and that's why you were over sea's, thank you for your service.

As for the exhaust, take a gander at my 3.7L
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Yl-uAFfRDhI
It has BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Catted X-Pipe, Roush Axleback mufflers. That video is before I installed some resonators off a 2011 5.0 I installed them to take off the rasp a bit.

As for the CAI, I personally have the Airaid and it doesn't require a tune but is HIGHLY recommended. If you have the money for it, try and get a Throttle Body spacer and BBK Throttle body that's what I have.

I can upload a video of my whole setup if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Aruiz42 said:
Here's a video on how to install the leather interior, I followed it and installed some on a friends 5.0 it's the ones you saw off ebays Roush overstock sales! So yea it should be simple just gna take a few hours man it's long lol

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDQC-8byGw

·
Registered
136 Posts
Aruiz42 said:
Nice ride. Huah!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sir first off lemme say, congrats on the new car, and secondly if u were serving and that's why you were over sea's, thank you for your service.

As for the exhaust, take a gander at my 3.7L
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Yl-uAFfRDhI
It has BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Catted X-Pipe, Roush Axleback mufflers. That video is before I installed some resonators off a 2011 5.0 I installed them to take off the rasp a bit.

As for the CAI, I personally have the Airaid and it doesn't require a tune but is HIGHLY recommended. If you have the money for it, try and get a Throttle Body spacer and BBK Throttle body that's what I have.

I can upload a video of my whole setup if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Here's a video on how to install the leather interior, I followed it and installed some on a friends 5.0 it's the ones you saw off ebays Roush overstock sales! So yea it should be simple just gna take a few hours man it's long lol

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDQC-8byGw
Thanks alot i like your vid and your setup... How much for all that? Would you mind posting up the vid of your whole car?
I appreciate the video on the leather seat install also... I got the time and patience seeing i just got back so i will do it myself and the video actually helped alot.. I was doing some research any idea on using zipties instead of hog rings?

I appreaciate everything thank you

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Nice ride. Huah!!!
HOOAH!

There is a set of 2013 v6 premium leather set covers new from the ford factory on eBay right now for $350.
Im going to look it up now thanks!

Welcome!! :)
Thanks!:D

Hi and welcome! You will like it here very informative!
I like it already!

for the seats no clue...if they use the same brackets it should be a simple bolt in.

What i meant was the seat covers but thanks for chiming in!

for the exhaust if it's one made for the car then that's easy enough if you can either get the car on stands or a lift...i did the exhaust on my old GT on some stands myself with basic hand tools because it was just unbolting stock and bolting up the new catback. for the CAI it's one of the easiest mods to do....now i know s197s really need a tune after a CAI...i'm not sure on the 3.7s so maybe someone can chime in that has one
Thanks staff member for the welcome!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Aruiz42 said:
Thanks alot i like your vid and your setup... How much for all that? Would you mind posting up the vid of your whole car?
I appreciate the video on the leather seat install also... I got the time and patience seeing i just got back so i will do it myself and the video actually helped alot.. I was doing some research any idea on using zipties instead of hog rings?

I appreaciate everything thank you
Well the price I got the parts were cheaper then normal because I had a discount code AM provided me for a incident that happened with them. Great customer service btw

BBK Headers+Catted X-Pipe= 400 but retail is 930
Roush Mufflers=400 but retail 459
BBK Throttle body=399
Airaid CAI=259
Throttle body spacer=65 retail is 99

I installed everything myself with a friend.

Now you don't need a tune with any of these mods but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I would advise you to buy a CAI with Tuner combo!

As for the leather seats, I wouldn't use zip ties because they till brake with wear n tear especially since it's gna be leather seats and the hot son will make them crack so use hog clips or whatever they are called lol

Ill try and take a video of my whole car later today!

Hope this helps man!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Charlie_santos said:
Well the price I got the parts were cheaper then normal because I had a discount code AM provided me for a incident that happened with them. Great customer service btw

BBK Headers+Catted X-Pipe= 400 but retail is 930
Roush Mufflers=400 but retail 459
BBK Throttle body=399
Airaid CAI=259
Throttle body spacer=65 retail is 99

I installed everything myself with a friend.

Now you don't need a tune with any of these mods but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I would advise you to buy a CAI with Tuner combo!

As for the leather seats, I wouldn't use zip ties because they till brake with wear n tear especially since it's gna be leather seats and the hot son will make them crack so use hog clips or whatever they are called lol

Ill try and take a video of my whole car later today!

Hope this helps man!
I wanna do a lot of things and add the CAI with tuner... My wife might let me on Black Friday... I ended up buying the leather interior now just need to buy hog rings and the pliers.. Shouldn't be more thena few bucks... Thanks for everything can't wait to see that video

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Congrats on the New Mustang. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thank you for your service! I am U.S.M.C. myself, 2 years reserve, 77-79. I
like the 3.7 badge, just badge mine black as well.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Become familiar with the aftermarket sites that do upgrades to Mustangs, such as Roush. Their site has a "take off" section that sells things like stock leather seat covers. steering wheels (common upgrade for radio control buttons), GT suspension parts, etc.

Great deals can be had.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Become familiar with the aftermarket sites that do upgrades to Mustangs, such as Roush. Their site has a "take off" section that sells things like stock leather seat covers. steering wheels (common upgrade for radio control buttons), GT suspension parts, etc.

Great deals can be had.
just found the cali special lower and upper grilles for cheap im so excited and its oem.. latemodelresto had it for 369 each i found it for 372 together! WTF i almost bought it... in 2 weeks i will buy the grilles and i already bought the CAI and tuner from AM on black friday for almost 100 dollars off.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For anyone who cares bought Cali special rims should be here Saturday the black ones for the 13 I'm hoping it looks good

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd stay away from ebay. It's all garbage. Get your parts from a trusted site. As for exhaust and CAI, BBK long tubes and off road x pipe with Roush, Magnaflow or Pypes are EXTREMELY loud. Airaid makes a nice CAI for 2011+ Pony's. All is pretty straight forward install with someone with a little mechanical knowledge and good instructions. I shop for all my stuff at americanmuscle.com, they have staff that are very helpful and knowledgeable, as well as detailed installation guides. Give them a look.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts