Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the Ford world, but I'm excited to say that I'm in the process of purchasing a local 2012 GT from my Ford dealership. It is a black 2012 GT, Brembo, Leather, heated/power seats, 6 speed, 3.31 gears. It has slightly over 8k on the mileage. Originally, they were asking $29.9k, but I worked them down to $27.5k. I've been looking online and doing as much research as possible these past few days. Any of you folks think that this is a decent deal for a preowned 2012? Would greatly appreciate your input.

I'll post pics ASAP...if I end up picking her up.
Take care!

Thriller

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Does your so to be car have the Brembo Package only on the front?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I bought my 2012 gt premium with everything but navigation and a spoiler back in October for 27,899. It only had 4k on the odometer at the time. Id say you got a decent deal there because I know I practically stole mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses. I do like the 3.31 gears (I'm a 30yr old with a wife and kids)...so the extra mpg might be nice;) As far as the first question on if it is Brembo only on the front...I'll take a look at that tomorrow. That is a very good question. I wasn't aware that there was an option otherwise on that.

ZLwhat, sounds like your car is very similar to the one I'm looking at. The one here has no Nav, but does have a spoiler.

Tc x 4, I hear you on that. It's just so friggen hard finding a black, low mileage, Brembo. ;).

One thing it does have on it already is aftermarket Borla exhaust. The tires are original and have good tread left on them...apparently it was Owend by an older dude here in town.

Thanks again guys,
Thriller

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,058 Posts
For God's sake, all the Brembo GTs have Brembo only on the front. the back brakes are the same for all GTs.

People who own these cars ought to be a touch more aware of the options loads before handing this new guy stupid questions to ask at the dealer.

Brembo50.com - Home

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Older guys tend not to molest cars... At least not right away, if it has Borla's and A Nav screen it sounds like a pretty good deal!! Its hard to find a used car with low mileage in good shape, I'd say go for it

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
Older guys tend not to molest cars... At least not right away, if it has Borla's and A Nav screen it sounds like a pretty good deal!! Its hard to find a used car with low mileage in good shape, I'd say go for it
That's because us older guys tore enough stuff up when we were younger.

·
Registered
453 Posts
For God's sake, all the Brembo GTs have Brembo only on the front. the back brakes are the same for all GTs.

People who own these cars ought to be a touch more aware of the options loads before handing this new guy stupid questions to ask at the dealer.

Brembo50.com - Home
LOL ... and if you ask half the dealers, they will spend a week researching it only to come back and tell you Brembo brakes were never an option on Mustangs at all.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Don't get your thong stuck up your butt crack. Since I don't have a V8, couldn't look it up in my manual for the V6.

·
Tech Expert
3,058 Posts
Here's a crazy idea: If you don't know something...don't say anything. I know that's not the internet way but hey, start a trend.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,248 Posts
Calm down. It's just a question and instead of snapping at people you could be more informative by posting the details as you did but without all the drama. Lets keep OP's thread on topic and save the bickering for FB. :good:

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Calm down. It's just a question and instead of snapping at people you could be more informative by posting the details as you did but without all the drama. Lets keep OP's thread on topic and save the bickering for FB. :good:
+1

·
Tech Expert
3,058 Posts
I am calm. The OP asked for info on whether this was a good deal on the '12 and NewMtang was going to send him on a wild goose chase for rear Brembo brakes.

There's a mildly annoying trend around here for people to spout off information without any fact-checking first. It's lazy and it tends to lead people astray.

I think my helpfulness, and general accuracy, around here speaks for itself.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I am calm. The OP asked for info on whether this was a good deal on the '12 and NewMtang was going to send him on a wild goose chase for rear Brembo brakes.

There's a mildly annoying trend around here for people to spout off information without any fact-checking first. It's lazy and it tends to lead people astray.

I think my helpfulness, and general accuracy, around here speaks for itself.
+1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Update: Hey guys thanks for the info. I'll be purchasing her today. Once we get some nice weather, ill get some pics loaded. Is it just me or does the 2012 GT hood look a little more attractive than the 2013+?...Look at me go already throwing out my bias opinions. Take care guys! Thriller

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Update: Hey guys thanks for the info. I'll be purchasing her today. Once we get some nice weather, ill get some pics loaded. Is it just me or does the 2012 GT hood look a little more tattractive than the 2013+?...Look at me go already throwing out my bias opinions. Take care guys! Thriller
I love the look of the 11-12 over the 13-14 and glad I didn't wait. There are features to the 13-14 I think are cool but I'll keep the style of my 2011 any day.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Update: Hey guys thanks for the info. I'll be purchasing her today. Once we get some nice weather, ill get some pics loaded. Is it just me or does the 2012 GT hood look a little more tattractive than the 2013+?...Look at me go already throwing out my bias opinions. Take care guys! Thriller
Congrats! I just picked up my '14 GT w/Brembo and 3.73s on Saturday. Awesome car - you're gonna love it!

PS - no, your hood is not as nice as the 2013+ :p

·
Tech Expert
3,058 Posts
'12 is best evar!:) I saw that '13 coming and it was, "Ummm, no, where's the nearest well-equipped new '12 to buy?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts