Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 1967 coupe working on new floor pans and dropping seat base 1" for more headroom. Put new front apron piece under battery. And hoping to get this thing running next spring to hit some shows. I'd love to hear any ideas on custom touches that any of you have.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sounds sweet! Post pics! Alot of work,time and money goes into a proper resto......Many years ago my Dad and I done a 67 Camaro RS/SS convertible.Spent over 6 years doing it.Thing would literally sell on barret Jackson for over 75,000 easy.Wish he kept it.Sold it 15 years ago to put a in ground pool in and to have some pocket money.Bad decision on the pool IMO but it still up and running.Another sink hole for money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying for a clean, subtle custom look. Lot of customizing while keeping that old classic look that everybody loves. Think I'm gonna add a 1 1/2" rocker extension and weld a late model gas door on the quarter to make the tail light panel clean and smooth. Got a freshened up 1968 302 and a 1990 T5. Used to be 200 ci automatic when I was in high school (11years ago)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ok um subtle, shaved handles, front running lights delete, reverse light delete, vitaloni California side mirrors, shaved drip rail, shaved antenna, I got plenty lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got it! Shaved drip rails, mirrors sound good, probly gonna try some mordern door handles instead of shaved. But, you've given me more great ideas and it sounds like you hit it on the money if you have any other ideas bring it on. :) when I'm done it'll b dark blue with ghost (pearl) racing stripes

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yea I love the modern handles it's just a ton of work. I'm going to put the ring bro billets on mine. French the rear bumper in real close to the body. I like the Shelby side scoops and deck lid and hood also but idk if you want a more original look. Also I made mine seamless so their are no joints in panels. Pics show the handles, rear bumper, and the mirrors that are on my mustangs

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Props to you on both your cars. And the 2 sample photos are beautiful. I did frenched bumpers on an impala and it's a lot of work. But the bumper on the one car is beautifully done! I should have been working on mine tonite, but I've had a lazy day lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yea I was in a roll over accident so the poor fb has been at a stand still but I'm starting to get back on it. I'm mocking everything up like the oil cooler up front and fitment all all new panels especially the custom front spoiler it's been a pain. It's been a lot more time than I expected but that's how it always is, I can never make up my mind or stop thinking about more stuff I can do. A perfect example is this crazy fastback I saw at a show. It's the tan one, it has a crazy hood, custom front valance, custom rear exhaust valance a split rear bumper and look at the roof holy **** who thinks of that it's insane

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts