Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well picked up 2011 5.0 6mt black on black premium with comfort package 40k miles new tires 22.5 otd 10 hr drive round trip

Questions is tint hard to remove ? The rear widow is pitch black and can't see a damn thing really bad especially when new to manual.

Funny story soon as I hit on ramp was out in middle of no where on highway alone I hit gas to hard on accident is the truth and whole car went sideways . Scary as crap but I learned my lesson just need to be careful hell it's my first v8. But all I can say is wow like damn I dnt miss my v6 lol

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
I offer no experienced knowledge regarding the tint. Sorry. But very nice clean car! Looks like the paints been taken care of really well. Congrats on you're first v8!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Congrats, nice ride! Just have a tint shop remove/change it. Its cheap and if youre getting new tint, they may pull the old stuff for free. My local shop did. And squeeze the throttle, no stomping! lol

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
So windex razor blade and go slow as hell
When my dad had his 88 GT he got a ticket for tint and decided to take it off (Lives in Cali, so there is almost no legal tint here). He said it was such a pain in the ass. This was of course before i was born because he rolled it when i was like 2 or 3 so taking off tint procedures may have changed by now lol.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just don't want to mess up the defroster on rear glass ;( damit if I get stopped il explain hopefully be fine ;(

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Moto111 said:
Just don't want to mess up the defroster on rear glass ;( damit if I get stopped il explain hopefully be fine ;(
They will only pull you over for tint on side windows. Nice car, glad you finally found a good deal.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
So windex razor blade and go slow as hell
Congrats on the car, it looks stock and unmolested. So that's a good start :) as far as removing the tint, since your new at it DO NOT attempt to remove on your own. If u haven't noticed yet its a PITA just to clean the rear window I would hate to imagine removing the tint, u will definitely ruin the defrost and have to change the window if doing on your own. In cold weather it's even riskier, tint installers know what their doing... They might charge u more but it's worth it, do u plan on doing a lighter tint?? I personally have 35% all around, I don't like super dark tint, light tjnt make the car look cleaner IMHO

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But I would have to make it until nx sat to take it in. So I'd be driving at night for a week unable to see behind me at night

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They will only pull you over for tint on side windows. Nice car, glad you finally found a good deal.
That true in any state? And thanks I hope so il wait until sat I think I dnt want any tint lol I need to see as much as I can while learning

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Moto111 said:
That true in any state? And thanks I hope so il wait until sat I think I dnt want any tint lol I need to see as much as I can while learning
Yes most states, some just don't enforce it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts