Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dear lord....well good luck! lol. Nice buy for 700 tho! Looks better than the ones in the junk yard and they sell for more than 700 stripped of parts!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do u wana put another v6 in it? or going for a v8 ?
V6, the engine in there looks pretty good. Just needs new head gaskets. It's putting the rest together that has me worried. This is the first car I've had that needs this much work.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
how about just parting her out and saving up the cash for something thats worth the money and time
+1 you could get a decent chunk of change parting it out. I made a good amount parting out my 94.

If you want to keep it, be prepared for the rather large investment of time and money it will become.

Do you have all the parts? Or do you need to buy them? And why the hell did the guy dismantle it?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well since you're gonna want to look into new heads op check into a split port swap then...it's time get into the 99-04 power rating right off the bat

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was dismantled because the previous owner wanted to put a v8 in it.
I have all the parts.
My budget is about 1200$

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Well in that case, it should be easier and cheaper. Having all the parts means you dont have to buy em, but piece them back together. Would be a good time to do upgrades, ie longtubes. Youve go more room to work with. I would also find some split port head and do the swap, bring you up from the 150 crank hp to 190 at the crank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts