Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I traded out some stuff and ended up with a wet nitrous system. It came with a bottle heater and I see they sell a bottle thermostat. Should i put the heater on a separate switch or should I wire a thermostat thru the arming switch? What is optimum pressure?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ok I traded out some stuff and ended up with a wet nitrous system. It came with a bottle heater and I see they sell a bottle thermostat. Should i put the heater on a separate switch or should I wire a thermostat thru the arming switch? What is optimum pressure?

You can use arming switch, but you only need the bottle heater a few min because 900-1000psi is optimum pressure. If bottle heater raises more than that then it can be dangerous. Make sure have everything even the inline fuse before the relay, other wise you'll go through them... Anything else just let me know...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what would I need a thermostat for? Couldn't I run a separate switch and just watch the in cab pressure gauge? I just don't see a reason for a thermostat

·
Registered
470 Posts
So what would I need a thermostat for? Couldn't I run a separate switch and just watch the in cab pressure gauge? I just don't see a reason for a thermostat
Oh shoot I'm sorry man, no a thermostat in not absolutely necessary, but I would not do the heater to the arming switch, you just don't need the heater all the time...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did some research to learn how the thermostat works I guess it will get your bottle to 85 degrees ( 950 psi) and switch on and off to hold it there. Some thermostats are adjustable I not sure which one. I also found that people debate pressure switch vs thermostat so I'm still scratching my head. I think no matter which way I go I'm still going to use a master arming switch for the heater only
. I should mention this is a street application my other concern is my black car sitting in the hot nc sun is it possible for it to get to hot and build to much pressure?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yah I just use a pressure switch because I don't use mine very often at all. Just got it couple months ago and it was fun beating a turbo civic but I really don't use it that often so I use a pressure switch. If pressure isn't @ least 900 then it's a no go till it is.... And as far as the winter months go you don't really have to worry about it sitting in the sun. The summer is different story. But don't worry your car won't blow up. All nitro bottles have a pressure release in the neck of the valve that will let off pressure if it gets to high. Then u just lose your nitrous. I would invest a blowdown tube if you are worried about the pressure under the sun. Plus you'll need it if you ever go to the track with it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts