Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to racing and I have been using track apps to see how I do before I start racing. Best 0-30 was a 2.1 but best 0-60 was a 5.3. I have a 13 GT with the track package and I have tried launching with all modes (advancetrac on, off, sport, traction off). Any tips on how to properly launch and shift? ;) thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Practice practice practice. I'm assuming its a manual trans? Just keep doing it and you'll get better. You have to get the feel for your car and itll be the most fun practicing for something youll probably ever have lol with a 13 GT you should be able to hit mid 4's on that 0-60 I would think.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Jgill1992 said:
Practice practice practice. I'm assuming its a manual trans? Just keep doing it and you'll get better. You have to get the feel for your car and itll be the most fun practicing for something youll probably ever have lol with a 13 GT you should be able to hit mid 4's on that 0-60 I would think.
Yea my best 0-60 was 4.8, i am all stock.
I think on a cool day with a good launch i could get 4.5
The track feels different than regular pavement, it is a little more sticky. I am also manual.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's crazy lol. I had to put full exhaust 62mm TB. FRPP CAI Cervinis ram air hood Steeda under drive pullies and a SCT tuner running bamma 93 race tune to get 4.5 in my 05 GT. and it's an auto.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Jgill1992 said:
That's crazy lol. I had to put full exhaust 62mm TB. FRPP CAI Cervinis ram air hood Steeda under drive pullies and a SCT tuner running bamma 93 race tune to get 4.5 in my 05 GT. and it's an auto.
Yea the 13 5.0 are super fast stock.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

With all those mods i will be in 3.6 or so.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
McQueen said:
With all those mods i will be in 3.6 or so.
No, no you won't.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Than I'd imagine with a supercharger pushing maybe a safe 500-550 you could get close to 3 flat with a good launch ?? S

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Jgill1992 said:
Btw man your car is awesome!
Thanks, the thing with all stangs is that we spend a lot of money and time and then the year after ford makes a stock car faster than ours :(
And now for 2015 they will have an independent rear suspension fml, lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
McQueen said:
Thanks, the thing with all stangs is that we spend a lot of money and time and then the year after ford makes a stock car faster than ours :(
And now for 2015 they will have an independent rear suspension fml, lol
Not necessarily a good thing...

·
Registered
412 Posts
McQueen said:
IRS would benefit road course purposes. Not many mustang enthusiast buy their stang for road course racing or track days.
Ford has came so far with the current setup to be great on the strip AND also on on the "twisties." Ford is pushing the stang in Europe hard with the new design coming out...I see the IRS push directly related to euro push.
I think IRS should be an option and not standard.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
IRS will also contribute to overall ride comfort as well, not just for road courses. It will be an all around better handling and more stable car as well. If they can make SRA that good on road course why can they not make an IRS that you could drag?

·
Registered
412 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
IRS will also contribute to overall ride comfort as well, not just for road courses. It will be an all around better handling and more stable car as well. If they can make SRA that good on road course why can they not make an IRS that you could drag?
Because history says otherwise. 5.0s are staying with M3s now days on road courses, stock. You are right about ride comfort.
I'm all for it, IF-its an option, not standard and they don't fail this attempt like last.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Woodga16 said:
Because history says otherwise. 5.0s are staying with M3s now days on road courses, stock. You are right about ride comfort.
I'm all for it, IF-its an option, not standard and they don't fail this attempt like last.
History also says that SRA doesn't do well on road courses

·
Registered
412 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
History also says that SRA doesn't do well on road courses
Until 2011 :)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Like I said, I don't have faith now, but I do see opportunity...if it is standard on 2015s, I don't see that going too well with enthusiast community.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Woodga16 said:
Until 2011 :)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Like I said, I don't have faith now, but I do see opportunity...if it is standard on 2015s, I don't see that going too well with enthusiast community.
And maybe IRS doesn't drag as well as SRA until 2015

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

All I'm trying to say is there is room for improvement and you're being close minded about it, just give it a chance bud, that's all :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Number 1, you can't please all the people all the time! Straight line folks will not like IRS. Road course people will not like SRA. just like people that own Terminators(my brother) you have to pick your poison. Tough to have both but it is possible. Both have drawbacks in both situations. That's why people that own Termis that like to drag race do solid conversions. Two different types of racing, only solution is if Ford gives us the option of IRS on new stangs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts